- Water crashes into hospital cafeteria
- Georgian Place offers taste and views of Somerset
- 3 hurt when SUV crashes through building in Md.
- Pittsburgh Pirates pierogie mascot breaks foot during race
- Catch of a lifetime
- Kid distracts university graduation ceremony
- Senior who asks Miss America to prom gets suspension
- Teen attempts to take "selfie" near train
- Police officer pretends to be Amish woman
- Earthquake Monday disrupts a Los Angeles morning show
- President Barack Obama on
- Pa Lawyer's controversial advertisement
- Reporter plowed by snow
- Links Seen on 6 News: Exploding Melon
- Altoona radio's 'Frogman' dead after stroke
3 hurt when SUV crashes through building in Md.
Updated: Thursday, July 31 2014, 03:22 PM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff and The Associted Press
TOWSON, Md. -- Baltimore County Police say three people were injured when an SUV drove into a Towson, Maryland, building that houses county offices.
It happened about 8:40 a.m. Thursday at the Drumcastle Government Center. Officers say 48-year-old Hiwot Arbi of Middle River was speeding through the building's parking lot when she hit a parked car.
Police say Arbi's SUV hit a curb, became airborne and crashed through a wall of the building.
Authorities say the building was evacuated. People were allowed to return after engineers found damage to be superficial.
Police a woman in the building was taken to a local hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening. Officers say Arbi and a passenger were hurt but refused treatment.
Arbi was charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision.
Photo courtesy: WBFF-TV