- Water crashes into hospital cafeteria
- Georgian Place offers taste and views of Somerset
- 3 hurt when SUV crashes through building in Md.
- Pittsburgh Pirates pierogie mascot breaks foot during race
- Catch of a lifetime
- Kid distracts university graduation ceremony
- Senior who asks Miss America to prom gets suspension
- Teen attempts to take "selfie" near train
- Police officer pretends to be Amish woman
- Earthquake Monday disrupts a Los Angeles morning show
- President Barack Obama on
- Pa Lawyer's controversial advertisement
- Reporter plowed by snow
- Links Seen on 6 News: Exploding Melon
- Altoona radio's 'Frogman' dead after stroke
Pittsburgh Pirates pierogie mascot breaks foot during race
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 09:55 AM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
PITTSBURGH - It wasn't the typical sports-related injury doctors in Pittsburgh had to deal with during Wednesday night's Pirates baseball game, when one of the team's racing dumplings fell to the ground.
The Pittsburgh Pirates, through their Twitter account, said Chester Cheese, one of four pierogie mascots, fell during the pierogie race. The fall resulted in the person in the mascot outfit breaking their foot.
During the game, the Pirates tweeted a picture of Chester Cheese standing with the assistance of crutches. The Tweet read, in part, "Chester Cheese is out 6-8 weeks with a broken foot."
Chester Cheese, along with this companions Jalapeno Hannah, Saurkraut Saul and Oliver Onion, race on the warning track at the end of the 5th inning at PNC Park.
The Pirates announced Potato Pete, whose last race was in 2001, will fill-in for Chester while he's on the disabled list.
Photo courtesy: Pittsburgh Pirates