- Water crashes into hospital cafeteria
- Georgian Place offers taste and views of Somerset
- 3 hurt when SUV crashes through building in Md.
- Pittsburgh Pirates pierogie mascot breaks foot during race
- Catch of a lifetime
- Kid distracts university graduation ceremony
- Senior who asks Miss America to prom gets suspension
- Teen attempts to take "selfie" near train
- Police officer pretends to be Amish woman
- Earthquake Monday disrupts a Los Angeles morning show
- President Barack Obama on
- Pa Lawyer's controversial advertisement
- Reporter plowed by snow
- Links Seen on 6 News: Exploding Melon
- Altoona radio's 'Frogman' dead after stroke
Police officer pretends to be Amish woman
Updated: Wednesday, April 16 2014, 06:17 AM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
PULASKI TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- A police officer from western Pennsylvania said he went undercover dressed as an Amish woman in hopes of scaring off a man suspected of exposing himself to Amish children.
In Pulaski Township, Lawrence County Sgt. Chad Adams spent two months between December and January in Amish attire.
The group he was talking to lend the police women's bonnets, aprons and dresses to catch or scare away the suspect because they did not want the children to testify in court.
Another female officer also dressed as an Amish woman worked with Adams.
According to police, they have not been able to charge the man due to the lack of evidence but believe he is the same person who was sentenced to house arrest in January for similar incidents in another county.
Police said the investigation was revealed because there have been no incidents since then.