Our Local Heroin Addiction
- Boalsburg group works to help those battling addiction
- 12 face charges in Blair Co. drug sweep
- 4 charged in alleged bath salts ring in Elk Co.
- 30 charged in Cambria Co. drug sweep
- Several arrested in Huntingdon Co. drug sweep
- Pennsylvania looks to curb painkiller abuse
- Task force to deal with heroin planned in Centre Co.
- Cambria Co. woman pleads guilty to drug possession
- Three people face charges in Cambria Co. drug bust
- Police investigating Blair Co. pharmacy robbery
- Battling prescription drug trafficking an ongoing effort
- AG Kane: Heroin problem in Johnstown is out of control
- Drug-related crimes causing prison population spike
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Officials: Heroin that caused 12 overdoses did not contain fentanyl
- 9 charged in Blair Co. drug sweep
- Authorities warn about batch of heroin linked to 8 overdoses
- Panel held at St. Francis focuses on emerging drug trends
- Heroin mixed with fentanyl is a deadly combination
- 12 heroin overdoses in 72 hours linked to same batch
- Police find large amount of heroin, fentanyl during bust
- Two arrested in Huntingdon heroin bust
- Police searching for man after two homes raided in Johnstown
- 2 arrested, $30K in heroin seized along turnpike in Somerset Co.
- Sage's Army talks heroin addiction to Somerset students
- 22 face charges in Blair Co. drug bust
- St. Francis University to hold panel to continue drug discussion
- Landlords get training to spot drug-dealing tenants
- Argument at Richland Twp. hotel leads police to drug bust
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - A WJAC-TV special
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - Part 2
- 7 kilos of raw heroin seized on PA Turnpike
- WEB EXTRA: "Dak's Song"
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction – Drug Treatment Resources
- Heroin: A story of grief and hope
- 2 arrested for delivering heroin in Altoona
- Two arrested with heroin after Johnstown traffic stop
- Two arrested in State College area burglary spree
12 heroin overdoses in 72 hours linked to same batch
By: Marc Stempka
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- Officials are continuing to investigate a series of heroin overdoses, including a dozen within 72 hours between Cambria and Somerset counties.
Cambria County District Attorney Kelly Callihan said Friday the overdoses happened between the two counties from Tuesday to Thursday.
Callihan said the 12 patients were taken on Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown for treatment. Eight of those were taken to for medical treatment within three hours Thursday.
Officials with the Cambria County Drug Task Force and Callihan said the overdoses were linked to a batch of heroin labeled "7 of Hearts."
Of the eight overdoses in Cambria County on Thursday, four happened in the Moxham section of Johnstown, two were in East Taylor Township and two were in Conemaugh Township. They happened in the evening hours.
The four others happened in Somerset County.
Officials said none of the overdoses were fatal.
Investigators are working to learn the source of the heroin. They're looking to see what the drug may have been mixed with that could have prompted such a high number of overdoses within a short period of time.
On Monday, The Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office and law enforcement officers in Cambria County raided the home of Jermaine Jones in Johnstown.
Officials found heroin and fentanyl during the raid. AG's officials said Friday the "7 of Hearts" stamp bags were not seized during the raid.
Jones was arrested on several drug-related charges and placed in the Cambria County prison.
Earlier this year, heroin laced with fentanyl caused several overdose deaths in the Pittsburgh area.