Our Local Heroin Addiction
- Boalsburg group works to help those battling addiction
- 12 face charges in Blair Co. drug sweep
- 4 charged in alleged bath salts ring in Elk Co.
- 30 charged in Cambria Co. drug sweep
- Several arrested in Huntingdon Co. drug sweep
- Pennsylvania looks to curb painkiller abuse
- Task force to deal with heroin planned in Centre Co.
- Cambria Co. woman pleads guilty to drug possession
- Three people face charges in Cambria Co. drug bust
- Police investigating Blair Co. pharmacy robbery
- Battling prescription drug trafficking an ongoing effort
- AG Kane: Heroin problem in Johnstown is out of control
- Drug-related crimes causing prison population spike
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Officials: Heroin that caused 12 overdoses did not contain fentanyl
- 9 charged in Blair Co. drug sweep
- Authorities warn about batch of heroin linked to 8 overdoses
- Panel held at St. Francis focuses on emerging drug trends
- Heroin mixed with fentanyl is a deadly combination
- 12 heroin overdoses in 72 hours linked to same batch
- Police find large amount of heroin, fentanyl during bust
- Two arrested in Huntingdon heroin bust
- Police searching for man after two homes raided in Johnstown
- 2 arrested, $30K in heroin seized along turnpike in Somerset Co.
- Sage's Army talks heroin addiction to Somerset students
- 22 face charges in Blair Co. drug bust
- St. Francis University to hold panel to continue drug discussion
- Landlords get training to spot drug-dealing tenants
- Argument at Richland Twp. hotel leads police to drug bust
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - A WJAC-TV special
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - Part 2
- 7 kilos of raw heroin seized on PA Turnpike
- WEB EXTRA: "Dak's Song"
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction – Drug Treatment Resources
- Heroin: A story of grief and hope
- 2 arrested for delivering heroin in Altoona
- Two arrested with heroin after Johnstown traffic stop
- Two arrested in State College area burglary spree
2 arrested for delivering heroin in Altoona
By: WJAC Web Staff
ALTOONA, Pa. -- In yet another heroin-related drug bust, two men are in custody on suspicion of dealing the drug and selling it to undercover agents in Blair County.
Investigators with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office said Kenneth Lucious Harrell, 25, and Nyshaun Devon Perin-Kemp, 19, both of Altoona, are facing drug delivery and possession charges.
Police said a confidential informant arranged to buy 40 packets of heroin from Harrell on Sunday. Following the buy, investigators stopped Harrell's vehicle and arrested him, finding the buy money on him and an additional 50 packets of heroin.
Kemp was a passenger in Harrell's vehicle and investigators found additional heroin near him, police said. Both men were transported to Altoona Police Department, at which time Kemp tried to throw out 10 more packets of heroin while in the police cruiser.
Agents searched the vehicle and found two cellphones and 60 more packets of heroin, police said. Both men were placed in the Blair County prison.
Police said the investigation was funded through Operation Our Town and calls to their drug hotline. In addition the PA Attorney General's Bureau of Narcotics Investigation, Altoona police, Blair County District Attorney's Office and the Blair County Drug Task Force were involved in the case.