Our Local Heroin Addiction
- Boalsburg group works to help those battling addiction
- 12 face charges in Blair Co. drug sweep
- 4 charged in alleged bath salts ring in Elk Co.
- 30 charged in Cambria Co. drug sweep
- Several arrested in Huntingdon Co. drug sweep
- Pennsylvania looks to curb painkiller abuse
- Task force to deal with heroin planned in Centre Co.
- Cambria Co. woman pleads guilty to drug possession
- Three people face charges in Cambria Co. drug bust
- Police investigating Blair Co. pharmacy robbery
- Battling prescription drug trafficking an ongoing effort
- AG Kane: Heroin problem in Johnstown is out of control
- Drug-related crimes causing prison population spike
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Officials: Heroin that caused 12 overdoses did not contain fentanyl
- 9 charged in Blair Co. drug sweep
- Authorities warn about batch of heroin linked to 8 overdoses
- Panel held at St. Francis focuses on emerging drug trends
- Heroin mixed with fentanyl is a deadly combination
- 12 heroin overdoses in 72 hours linked to same batch
- Police find large amount of heroin, fentanyl during bust
- Two arrested in Huntingdon heroin bust
- Police searching for man after two homes raided in Johnstown
- 2 arrested, $30K in heroin seized along turnpike in Somerset Co.
- Sage's Army talks heroin addiction to Somerset students
- 22 face charges in Blair Co. drug bust
- St. Francis University to hold panel to continue drug discussion
- Landlords get training to spot drug-dealing tenants
- Argument at Richland Twp. hotel leads police to drug bust
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - A WJAC-TV special
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - Part 2
- 7 kilos of raw heroin seized on PA Turnpike
- WEB EXTRA: "Dak's Song"
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction – Drug Treatment Resources
- Heroin: A story of grief and hope
- 2 arrested for delivering heroin in Altoona
- Two arrested with heroin after Johnstown traffic stop
- Two arrested in State College area burglary spree
'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - A WJAC-TV special
Heroin: Our Town's Addiction - Part 1
Click here to watch Part 2
By: WJAC Web Staff
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- WJAC-TV is continuing to focus on the growing heroin epidemic that has gripped every part of our viewing area and has affected so many of our viewers' lives.
Watch 6 News anchor Marty Radovanic moderate as a panel of experts discuss the heroin problem in our area and answer viewer questions about the drug and treatment options.
The panel includes:
Annette Comiskey, Conemaugh Health System New Vision's Program
Det. Kevin Price, Cambria County Drug Task Force
Lisa Lazzari-Strasiser, Somerset County District Attorney
Cpl. William J. Link, Pennsylvania State Police
Stacy Parks Miller, Centre County District Attorney
Agent Tony Sassano, Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office
Lisa Calkins-Wright, Son died of heroin overdose
You can also ask questions and join in the community conversation by using #OurTownsAddiction on Twitter and Facebook, or asking questions on our Facebook wall or sending a tweet to @WJACTV.
The special will also be streamed on our website.
For additional drug treatment options, click here.