Our Local Heroin Addiction
- Boalsburg group works to help those battling addiction
- 12 face charges in Blair Co. drug sweep
- 4 charged in alleged bath salts ring in Elk Co.
- 30 charged in Cambria Co. drug sweep
- Several arrested in Huntingdon Co. drug sweep
- Pennsylvania looks to curb painkiller abuse
- Task force to deal with heroin planned in Centre Co.
- Cambria Co. woman pleads guilty to drug possession
- Three people face charges in Cambria Co. drug bust
- Police investigating Blair Co. pharmacy robbery
- Battling prescription drug trafficking an ongoing effort
- AG Kane: Heroin problem in Johnstown is out of control
- Drug-related crimes causing prison population spike
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Officials: Heroin that caused 12 overdoses did not contain fentanyl
- 9 charged in Blair Co. drug sweep
- Authorities warn about batch of heroin linked to 8 overdoses
- Panel held at St. Francis focuses on emerging drug trends
- Heroin mixed with fentanyl is a deadly combination
- 12 heroin overdoses in 72 hours linked to same batch
- Police find large amount of heroin, fentanyl during bust
- Two arrested in Huntingdon heroin bust
- Police searching for man after two homes raided in Johnstown
- 2 arrested, $30K in heroin seized along turnpike in Somerset Co.
- Sage's Army talks heroin addiction to Somerset students
- 22 face charges in Blair Co. drug bust
- St. Francis University to hold panel to continue drug discussion
- Landlords get training to spot drug-dealing tenants
- Argument at Richland Twp. hotel leads police to drug bust
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - A WJAC-TV special
- 'Heroin: Our Town's Addiction' - Part 2
- 7 kilos of raw heroin seized on PA Turnpike
- WEB EXTRA: "Dak's Song"
- Heroin: Our Town's Addiction – Drug Treatment Resources
- Heroin: A story of grief and hope
- 2 arrested for delivering heroin in Altoona
- Two arrested with heroin after Johnstown traffic stop
- Two arrested in State College area burglary spree
Two arrested with heroin after Johnstown traffic stop
By: WJAC Web Staff
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- Two people have been arrested in Cambria County after police found hundreds of packets of heroin in their vehicle following a traffic stop.
Johnstown police said Anika Gamble and Mike Thompson were arrested Thursday night and are facing drug possession and drug paraphernalia charges. Both were placed in the Cambria County jail, Gamble on $30,000 bail and Thompson on $50,000 bail.
Police said officers stopped the vehicle Gamble was driving because a taillight was not working. Police learned Gamble and Thompson did not have identification and asked to search the vehicle, with Gamble permitting them to so do. Officers then found 400 packets of heroin.
The traffic stop happened at about 9 p.m. on D Street in the city’s West End section.
There was also another woman and a 10-month-old child in the back seat, police said. She is not facing charges.