- Everett student makes a difference through her volunteer work
- State police in Bedford County look for home intruder
- Missing hunter found dead on state game lands
- Vehicle stolen from Bedford County home
- Breezewood man facing theft, drug and gun charges
- Burglar takes $3,000 from Bedford County home
- Police searching for pharmacy robber
- State police in Bedford investigating stolen electricity
- Man in jail after being accused of assaulting residents
- Eight victims in Bedford County vandalisms
- Tailgate, license plate stolen from vehicle in Bedford County
- Bedford Co. homicide suspect claims shooting was self-defense
- Teen banned from social media for picture
- Bedford County excavators and emergency responders attend training seminar for pipeline disasters
- Man charged for driving through Turnpike fence to avoid paying toll
- Woman says grandson, ex-daughter-in-law wrongly charged in homicide
- Attorney conflict delays hearings for Bedford murder suspects
- Bedford County Jail escapee caught at Walmart
- Community reacts to Bedford County inmate escape
- Bedford jail escapee was awaiting trial on burglary charges
- Bedford motorcyclist killed Monday after colliding with tractor-trailer
- Three charged in Bedford Co. homicide case
- 3 arrested in connection to Bedford Co. homicide
- Police in Bedford County investing possible homicide near Hyndman
- Bedford County sex offender sentenced to 60 to 120 years in prison
- Police in Bedford investigating a possible scam
- State police in Bedford searching for gun thief
- 80-year prison sentence for Bedford man affirmed
- Teen charge with desecrating Bedford Co. statue
- Bedford Co. World War II monument unveiled
- Lunch lady accused of stealing gym bag
- World War II monument complete in Bedford Co.
- Cash 5 ticket worth $225K sold in Bedford Co.
- Bedford Co. teenager killed in crash
- Vandals open fire hydrant, releasing 200,000 gallons of water
- Group of men making a difference to honor veterans
- Vacant Bedford Co. home destroyed by fire
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Police: Neighbor shoots neighbor in Bedford Co.
- Man dies after single-car crash
- Man killed after hitting car head-on
- State police investigate fire at Everett home, hours after shooting
- DEVELOPING: House at center of shooting investigation catches fire
- State police investigate near drowning at Shawnee State Park
- New York film company features Bedford teen with inoperable tumor
- 62,000 UPMC employees have 'work day' smoking ban
- Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown selling bishop's home
- Crash on Route 30 in Bedford Co. kills one
- Police: Bedford Co. inmate made knife from shampoo bottle
- 29th annual WJAC-TV Donor Day underway
- Commission OKs another boost in Pa. Turnpike tolls
- Wicked weather blows through Bedford Co.
- Storm cleanup underway in Bedford Co.
- Bedford Co. fire breaks out during storms
- 20 charged for allegedly dealing drugs in Blair Co.
- Man hospitalized after police chase, crash
- Chestnut Ridge Elementary adopts
- Large Bedford Co. fire keeps crews at scene for nearly 7 hours
- Bedford Co. releases third video of Everett
- Battling prescription drug trafficking an ongoing effort
- Man killed after concrete barrier falls on him
- The 9th Congressional District candidates face off
- Will's Mountain fire ruled arson
- Police: Man goes on hike in woods, dies of natural causes
- Speed limit restored on Rt. 220 in Bedford Co.
- Some firefighters sent home after brush fire contained
- Crews continue to extinguish Bedford Co. mountain blaze
- Fire continues to rage on Bedford Co. mountain
- Speed limit reduced near Bedford Co. mountain fire
- Brush fire continues to grow in Bedford Co.
- Brush fire in Bedford Co. covers hundreds of acres
- Police probing death of Bedford woman
- Bedford company lays off 40 employees
- Bedford Co. town still without clean water
- Crash in Bedford Co. kills one
- Everett man heading to trial on 2,426 counts of sexual abuse
- Crews battled 5-acre brush fire in Bedford Co.
- Bedford Co. turnpike closure planned
- VA hospital to close ICU, change emergency care
- Several drugs reported missing from Bedford Co. ambulance company
- Two injured in mobile home explosion
- Police identify missing man from 2008 burglary using DNA
- Bedford Co. bison farm creating boost for area business
- Hearing continued for Bedford Co. man accused of raping 3 girls
- Man tries to run over woman with car
- Wife of man facing child sex abuse charges shocked, confused
- Bedford Co. man faces 2,400 charges related to child sexual abuse
- 121 Bedford Co. homes without clean water
- Flames destroy house in Bedford Co.
- Barn catches fire early Sunday morning
- More than 300 people without water in Bedford Co.
- UPMC nurse and nurses union agree on contract
- Several displaced after fire tears through Blair Co. block
- UPMC Altoona, nurses union reach tentative contract agreement
- Police investigating fatal crash in Bedford Co.
Hearing continued for Bedford Co. man accused of raping 3 girls
Updated: Wednesday, March 12 2014, 06:21 PM EDT
By: Maria Miller
EVERETT, Pa. -- A Bedford County man facing thousands of counts of rape and sexual abuse against three young girls will have to wait a couple more weeks until he gets his day in court.
Thursday will mark one week since Michael Edmonson of Everett was charged with more than 2,400
Investigators said Edmonson's alleged conduct continued up until February of this year but began many years ago when the girls, now in their late teens and early twenties, were only 5 years old.
"Any time you have children who are victims it's just disgusting and heart-wrenching," said Bedford County District Attorney Bill Higgins. "I don't really like to compare cases, but this guy is an awful person ... It's certainly one of the worst [cases], one of the worst."
Edmonson has been in the Bedford County jail since last Thursday. His current wife told 6 News last week that he denies the charges against him, but said she herself was shocked, saddened and confused that her husband of 16 years was capable of such allegations.
On Wednesday Edmonson was scheduled to appear before a judge to defend himself for the first time, but that hearing was continued.
"We don't want to make any comment at this time," said Karen Hickey, chief public defender of Bedford County. "It is very early on in the case. The case has been continued for a period of two weeks so a preliminary hearing will be held at that time."
The victims were there Wednesday and waited patiently to face Edmonson, but he was never even brought into the court room. Higgins said they're disappointed the case wasn't heard, but said they're cooperating and doing as well as can be expected.
"They're obviously upset that they have to go through this process but they're cooperative and are willing to stand up to this guy for what he did to them and we're looking forward to proceeding," Higgins said.
Edmonson remains in the Bedford County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bail.