- Bedford man faces trial in alleged rape of three girls
- Long, emotional day of trial for Bedford County man accused of raping 3 girls
- Trial underway for Bedford County man accused of raping three girls
- Funeral service planned for Blair County woman murdered in marijuana buy
- Mother seeks two accused of daughter’s homicide to be tried as adults
- Small Bedford Co. town sees problems with water supply, boil notice
- Two Saxton police officers involved in crash
- Vigil being held Friday for Stephanie Waters
- Bedford County DA seeking death penalty against Hyndman murder suspect
- Teenage homicide suspect's parents speak for first time since arrest
- Police: Waters suffered for 20 minutes while teens drove around, smoked weed
- Teens to be tried as adults in weekend murder of Blair County woman
- Teens charged in Bedford County homicide to be tried as adults
- Bedford County couple known for giving back left homeless after fire
- Three dogs lost in Bedford County fire
- Fire destroys Bedford County home, rekindles hours later
- Man goes missing in Bedford Co. Christmas Day
- Documents from Bedford County jailbreak released
- Bedford County car dealership owner jailed, accused of fraud
- Man charged for burning two people with flare gun
- Bedford Co. man burned in fire
- Bedford jail warden resigns, accuses commissioners of changing report
- Man facing burglary, harassment charges following crash in Bedford County
- Fundraising account set up for Bedford Co. teen struck, killed by train
- Pedestrian struck by train in Bedford Co.
- Travelers through Breezewood say weather is slowing them down
- Winter weather delays travel in Breezewood
- Operation Stuffed Turkey nabs local drug dealers
- Everett student makes a difference through her volunteer work
- State police in Bedford County look for home intruder
- Missing hunter found dead on state game lands
- Vehicle stolen from Bedford County home
- Breezewood man facing theft, drug and gun charges
- Burglar takes $3,000 from Bedford County home
- Police searching for pharmacy robber
- State police in Bedford investigating stolen electricity
- Man in jail after being accused of assaulting residents
- Eight victims in Bedford County vandalisms
- Tailgate, license plate stolen from vehicle in Bedford County
- Bedford Co. homicide suspect claims shooting was self-defense
- Teen banned from social media for picture
- Bedford County excavators and emergency responders attend training seminar for pipeline disasters
- Man charged for driving through Turnpike fence to avoid paying toll
- Woman says grandson, ex-daughter-in-law wrongly charged in homicide
- Attorney conflict delays hearings for Bedford murder suspects
- Bedford County Jail escapee caught at Walmart
- Community reacts to Bedford County inmate escape
- Bedford jail escapee was awaiting trial on burglary charges
- Bedford motorcyclist killed Monday after colliding with tractor-trailer
- Three charged in Bedford Co. homicide case
- 3 arrested in connection to Bedford Co. homicide
- Police in Bedford County investing possible homicide near Hyndman
- Bedford County sex offender sentenced to 60 to 120 years in prison
- Police in Bedford investigating a possible scam
- State police in Bedford searching for gun thief
- 80-year prison sentence for Bedford man affirmed
- Teen charge with desecrating Bedford Co. statue
- Bedford Co. World War II monument unveiled
- Lunch lady accused of stealing gym bag
- World War II monument complete in Bedford Co.
- Cash 5 ticket worth $225K sold in Bedford Co.
- Bedford Co. teenager killed in crash
- Vandals open fire hydrant, releasing 200,000 gallons of water
- Group of men making a difference to honor veterans
- Vacant Bedford Co. home destroyed by fire
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Police: Neighbor shoots neighbor in Bedford Co.
- Man dies after single-car crash
- Man killed after hitting car head-on
- State police investigate fire at Everett home, hours after shooting
- DEVELOPING: House at center of shooting investigation catches fire
- State police investigate near drowning at Shawnee State Park
- New York film company features Bedford teen with inoperable tumor
- 62,000 UPMC employees have 'work day' smoking ban
- Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown selling bishop's home
- Crash on Route 30 in Bedford Co. kills one
- Police: Bedford Co. inmate made knife from shampoo bottle
- 29th annual WJAC-TV Donor Day underway
- Commission OKs another boost in Pa. Turnpike tolls
- Wicked weather blows through Bedford Co.
- Storm cleanup underway in Bedford Co.
- Bedford Co. fire breaks out during storms
- 20 charged for allegedly dealing drugs in Blair Co.
- Man hospitalized after police chase, crash
- Chestnut Ridge Elementary adopts
- Large Bedford Co. fire keeps crews at scene for nearly 7 hours
- Bedford Co. releases third video of Everett
- Battling prescription drug trafficking an ongoing effort
- Man killed after concrete barrier falls on him
- The 9th Congressional District candidates face off
- Will's Mountain fire ruled arson
- Police: Man goes on hike in woods, dies of natural causes
- Speed limit restored on Rt. 220 in Bedford Co.
- Some firefighters sent home after brush fire contained
- Crews continue to extinguish Bedford Co. mountain blaze
- Fire continues to rage on Bedford Co. mountain
- Speed limit reduced near Bedford Co. mountain fire
- Brush fire continues to grow in Bedford Co.
- Brush fire in Bedford Co. covers hundreds of acres
- Police probing death of Bedford woman
- Bedford company lays off 40 employees
- Bedford Co. town still without clean water
- Crash in Bedford Co. kills one
- Everett man heading to trial on 2,426 counts of sexual abuse
- Crews battled 5-acre brush fire in Bedford Co.
- Bedford Co. turnpike closure planned
- VA hospital to close ICU, change emergency care
- Several drugs reported missing from Bedford Co. ambulance company
- Two injured in mobile home explosion
- Police identify missing man from 2008 burglary using DNA
- Bedford Co. bison farm creating boost for area business
- Hearing continued for Bedford Co. man accused of raping 3 girls
- Man tries to run over woman with car
- Wife of man facing child sex abuse charges shocked, confused
- Bedford Co. man faces 2,400 charges related to child sexual abuse
- 121 Bedford Co. homes without clean water
- Flames destroy house in Bedford Co.
- Barn catches fire early Sunday morning
- More than 300 people without water in Bedford Co.
- UPMC nurse and nurses union agree on contract
- Several displaced after fire tears through Blair Co. block
- UPMC Altoona, nurses union reach tentative contract agreement
- Police investigating fatal crash in Bedford Co.
Several drugs reported missing from Bedford Co. ambulance company
Updated: Wednesday, March 19 2014, 07:49 PM EDT
By: Jackalyn Kovac
BEDFORD, Pa. -- Bedford Borough Police are working to learn who took drugs from Bedford Ambulance sometime in early January.
"A medic who came in and checked the narcotics saw that they were missing and we went back through the records and the medics before that didn't check it," said Medical Manager Sheldon Benton.
Police said Bedford Ambulance reported missing drugs from one of its trucks earlier this year, something ambulance officals said was noticed a little too late.
"That's one of the faults of all EMS services throughout the nation -- they don't check their narcotics enough and that caused us to not know what day we were missing them," said Benton.
According to Drug Enforcement Administration protocol, the drugs are supposed to be inspected daily.
The cost to replace the missing drugs is less than $20.
Officials wouldn't name the drugs because they don't want it to affect their investigation, but they aren't ruling out the possibility that they are being resold on the streets.
"People are dying from the misuse of drugs. One of the drugs that went missing has killed a lot of people in Johnstown and Altoona and we don't need anymore people dying. We're here to help people, not for people to die," said Benton.
Since the discovery, Bedford Ambulance has taken steps to ensure more accountability.
"We started putting number seals on all the narcotic boxes in addition to the lock that's on it," said Benton. "We have a little ways to go. We are trying to get narcotic lock boxes that takes a number and fingerprint to open it."
If the person or persons responsible are caught they could face felony theft charges.
Bedford Borough Police are asking that anyone who may have been through Bedford Ambulance since January to contact them 814-623-1105.