- Man faces charges after police say he had sex with 13-year-old girl
- Duo charged in DuBois burglary also facing charges in Jefferson County
- Clearfield County man facing charges for terrorizing, threatening family
- Clearfield County burglary suspects also facing charges in Jefferson County
- New details in Clearfield County incident
- Police investigate incident in Houtzdale Sunday
- Pair accused of breaking into elderly couple’s home twice will face trial
- Two people arrested, charged in DuBois burglary and blackmail
- Clearfield man faces up to 8 years in jail for assault
- People in DuBois preparing for winter weather
- Wintry weather hits DuBois Monday
- Standoff in DuBois ends without shots
- Clearfield County man jailed, accused of killing San Diego man
- Police looking for suspects who robbed elderly couple in their home
- Officials investigating cause of fire in three vacant Johnsonburg homes
- Firefighters on high alert as temps drop
- Man jailed for Clearfield County burglary
- Woman injured after car hits fuel truck
- Gas prices dropping across country
- Woman sentenced for attempted murder
- Repairs underway for DuBois sinkholes
- Police: Woman under the influence arrested at Sheetz
- Clearfield County Fugitive of the Week
- Pleasant Gap man killed after truck overturns
- Clearfield County Commissioners fixing ATA bus contract issues
- Jewelry, electronics stolen from Clearfield County home
- Victim identified in Grampian fire
- Woman, dogs die in Clearfield County fire
- Heroin forum hosted in Clearfield Co.
- Clearfield County elk poachers have day in court
- Man accused of punching 2 young boys on haunted trail
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for new DuBois Country Club
- Mayor cuts ties with Police Department
- Safe stolen from Clearfield County home
- DuBois parents skeptical of metal detectors
- DuBois Area High School adds metal detectors
- Toby Creek flood-protection plan to be replaced
- Community works to put an end to domestic violence
- DuBois man creates app to help friends hang out
- Doctor: Ebola not a concern for general public
- Milder winter could mean lower heating bills
- Investigation continues into Clearfield Borough meth lab
- Clearfield Co. building evacuated after police investigate meth lab
- Candlelight vigil held for missing Ridgway Marine
- Trooper Wilson finally returning home
- Male students at Penn State DuBois marched for domestic violence
- Three men charged in Clearfield Co. elk poaching
- Clearfield County fugitive is off the streets
- Some DuBois residents concerned about sink holes
- Project to fix Clearfield acid mine drainage has started
- Tankers crash, fall into river
- One killed after ATV crash in Clearfield Co.
- Crews work to clean up after storm in Clearfield and Jefferson Counties
- Police: Victims of construction ploy growing
- Men posing as construction workers spotted again in Clearfield Co.
- Judge orders DuBois to pay $270K to methadone clinic lawyers
- Auto show hosted in Clearfield Co.
- Ritz Theater pays off loan for new projection system
- Sister's lose Chester Hill home in fire
- Men posing as construction workers distract woman, ransack her house
- Speed limit increases Monday on I-80
- Clearfield councilman arrested on assault charges
- Fire destroys home, pizza shop in Clearfield Co.
- 1 dead in Clearfield Co. crash
- Child suffers broken ankle after being run over at parade
- Rider operations focus on safety at Clearfield County Fair
- 1 dead, 5 injured after Clearfield Co. crash
- Girl run over by float during Clearfield Co. parade
- Emergency service officials react to interstate speed limit change
- Truck carrying drilling wastewater overturns in Clearfield Co.
- Trial ordered for Clearfield Co. inmate in cellmate's death
- Parts of I-80 in Clearfield, Centre counties to be 70 mph
- Feds pick Sun Air to fly from Blair Co. airport
- Hundreds of shoppers check out the 100-mile yard sale
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Clearfield Co. man arrested for alleged break-in
- Ex-Cambria Co. superintendent loses bid to withdraw plea
- Family pleads for daughter who jumped from car to return home
- Girl gets surprise visit from her hero
- Veterans in Clearfield Co. looking to honor those who served
- Crash closes part of I-80 in Clearfield Co.
- Firefighters warn about dangers of extreme heat
- Mine subsidence project completed in Clearfield Co.
- Man found guilty of sexually assaulting Centre Co. girl
- Man injured after ATV overturns in Clearfield Co.
- Hundreds support Trooper Brad Wilson with benefit run
- Clearfield Co. man gets prison in drive-thru pharmacy robbery try
- PennDOT Show Dangers of DUI with Educational Simulator
- Safety Day held at Curwensville Lake
- Clearfield Co. home has $10,000 worth of items taken
- Blair Co. auto show raises money for backpack program
- Clearfield Co. home has $10,000 worth of items taken
- Clearfield Co. inmate accused of killing cellmate
- Clearfield Co. area residents to see upgrades
- Investigation remains open on death of Clearfield Co. infant
- Monument restored in Clearfield Co.
- Elk County to get fed disaster help for flooding
- New destination could be offered at the DuBois Airport
- Body found in Susquehanna River identified
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot enthusiasts gather in Clearfield
- Body found in Clearfield Co. identified as missing canoer
- Abandoned home in Clearfield Co. caught on fire
- Gypsy moth spraying planned for Clearfield, other counties
- Clearfield Co. school children evacuated from rising waters
- Crews suspending search for missing teen in Clearfield Co. waterway
- Crews continue to search for missing canoer
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Vehicles damaged at Clearfield Co. dealership
- Man in Clearfield Co. gets thrown from ATV
- Water traffic suspended in Clearfield Co. as search for missing boater continues
- Large barn fire in Clearfield Co. kills 18 cattle
- Crews in Clearfield Co. continue to search for missing canoer
- Crews in Clearfield Co. searching for missing canoer
- Clearfield Co. man creates park in honor of dog
- Police: Clearfield Co. man's death is suspicious
- Head on collision sends two to hospital
- Postmaster accused of mail theft
- Two-vehicle crash in Clearfield Co. leaves one dead
- Police searching for motorist who drove off from Clearfield Co. crash
- DuBois Country Club driving ahead despite destructive fire
- Tolls could surface on Interstate 80
- Man tries to rob Clearfield Co. store
- Boil water advisory lifted in Clearfield Co.
- Police locate missing Clearfield Co. teen
- Police looking for missing Clearfield Co. teen
- Community upset about proposed landfill
- Boil water advisory in Clearfield Co.
- Scholarship presented in memory of DuBois Marnie
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Clearfield Co. crash
- Cleanup efforts continue at DuBois cemetery
- Shakespeare turns 450 years old
- Tips on surviving allergy season
- Employee pockets cash after customers paid for beer
- Clearfield Co. family remembers son 25 years after he killed in a battleship blast
- Third bomb threat in three days in Centre Co. school district
- Colorado company expanding, adding jobs in Clearfield Co.
- Two bomb threats in two days at Centre Co. school
- Multiple brush fires under investigation in Clearfield Co.
- Retired firefighter opens pizza shop to show appreciation
- $30 million I-80 project underway in Jefferson Co.
- Police investigate bomb threat at Centre Co. high school
- Clearfield Co. business damaged in fire
- Two homes damaged in Clearfield Co. fire
- Fundraising dinner to help recovering Jefferson County trooper shot in the line of duty
- All 4 One Orphan Care Conference kicked off Saturday
- Centre Co. athletic director theft investigation deepens
- Three horses found dead in Clearfield Co.
- Clearfield Co. student creates library for his community
- Clearfield Co. tax collector admits to stealing money
- Penn State engineer students help manufacturing company
- Straight Talk Parenting series continues in State College
- Woman killed on Route 255 in Clearfield Co.
- Ex-owners of trucking company accused of stealing money from employees
- Concealed weapons permit seminar held in Clearfield
- Concealed weapons permit seminar held in Clearfield
- DuBois Country Club fire ruled accidental
- Couple arrested in Clearfield Co. gun shop burglaries
- Clearfield Co. man sentenced for production of meth
- Dinner to benefit injured trooper planned for April
- Teenager killed in car accident
- DEP awards $2.5 million grant to Decatur Township
- Injured trooper shares his road to recovery
- Stolen van recovered shortly after theft
- Fire crews save home after chimney fire in Clearfield County
- Man dies after kayaking accident
- Ice jam causes flooding concerns in Clearfield County
- Community and schools coming together to help DuBois fire victims
Injured trooper shares his road to recovery
Updated: Friday, March 7 2014, 12:07 PM EST
By: Deven Clarke
ATLANTA -- He can't walk or move his arms on his own. Now, the injured Pennsylvania State trooper is hundreds of miles away from home undergoing specialized treatment at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta.
Trooper Bradley Wilson was approaching the end of a more than 24-year career as a state policeman, but it ended suddenly and violently.
It was Sept. 26, 2013 when Wilson was trying to serve a search warrant at a home on Cemetery Hill Road just outside Brockway. Police said they believed there was drug activity at the home.
That's when police said Kenneth Lees, Sr. opened fire, hitting Wilson in the neck. Lees died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after a standoff with police, they said.
"I didn't know if I was going to survive or not," Wilson said in an interview at his Atlanta rehab room. "I thought I was going to die."
He can't talk about the case because i''s still being investigated, but he said he struggles to understand why this happened.
"I don't know why he chose to shoot me," he said. "The first thing I thought about after I got shot was Aerika."
Aerika Liddington is Wilson's fiancé.
"They have told him, I can't believe you’re sitting right here, man you know, you were dead," Liddington said.
Both bullets are still inside Wilson. They are not hurting him medically, so doctors decided to leave them.
Wilson is now quadriplegic, using a wheelchair to explore the halls of the rehab center. He attends therapy six days a week.
Wilson has also been working on how to control his wheelchair with a straw, using sips and blows to move the chair in the direction he wants to go.
He has been receiving an outpour of love from friends back home and even stranger.
"Makes me feel good that the community has good feelings towards me and people that I don’t even know send me cards," he said.
But for Wilson and his family, there are still many worries.
"My house was built in the 1940's and it's not really wheelchair accessible," he said. "It's going to have to be modified and even have an addition built on it so I can move around."
Despite all that he's been through and the long journey still ahead, Wilson amazingly said he wouldn't change a thing.
"I am a Pennsylvania state trooper. I am a soldier of the law," Wilson said.
Liddington is hopeful that he'll be able to go home by his birthday in April.
If you would like to send cards to Wilson send them to:
C/O Trooper Bradley Wilson
2020 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309