- Corbett signs $2.3B Pa. transportation bill
- Group looking to recruit adoptive and foster parents
- Changes planned for ATMs at Sheetz stores
- FBI seeking info on suspected child sexual predator
- Hundreds pay respects to fallen firefighter
- Elk Co. firefighter dies in the line of duty
- Police warning residents of jury duty scam
- National drug take back day set for Saturday
- Fire destroys Elk Co. home
- Police seek motive in Elk Co. shooting
- DEVELOPING: Woman killed during 'domestic incident' in St. Marys
- 6 killed in crash, including 2 children, in McKean Co.
- PennDOT adding weight restrictions to 1,000 PA bridges
- Man dies after colliding with elk
- Doctor tied to Clearfield County arrested in drugs-for-sex case
- Fire damages Elk Co. home, sends firefighter to hospital
- 2 Johnsonburg residents killed in crash
- Elk County garage fire ruled arson
- Fire destroys Ridgway borough garage
- Paper mill fire finally out after 12 days
- Arrest made in Elk County arson, others remain unsolved
6 killed in crash, including 2 children, in McKean Co.
Updated: Sunday, September 1 2013, 11:51 PM EDT
MCKEAN COUNTY, Pa. --
A tragic car crash claimed the lives of six people including two children Saturday. Four of those in one of the cars were from Elk County.
State police said Kathy Douglas was driving a Jeep on Route 219 in Hamlin Township, McKean County at about 4:30 Saturday night. Police aren't sure why, but said Douglas crossed the center line and hit a sedan head on carrying four people from St. Marys.
All four of those people in that car died including: Gary and Elaine Beimel, David Cuneo and Florence Donachy.
Douglas and her son, 10, were flown to area hospitals. Her daughter, 12, and nephew, 6, were also killed in the crash. Route 219 was closed for nearly seven hours. State police said Douglas may face charges.