- Space of former upholstery factory in Ridgway to be converted into parking lot
- 100 still forced to boil water in Elk County
- One killed, three injured in Elk County crash
- Bomb threat of Elk County Walmart causes evacuation
- Abandoned factory in Ridgway finally being torn down
- Ridgway fire ruled accidental
- Arson suspect gets federal prison on gun charges
- Woman who lives to help others receives surprise home makeover
- St. Mary’s to implement school alert system
- Names released in fiery St. Mary’s crash
- Fiery crash in St. Mary’s kills one person, injures another
- Coroner called to fiery truck crash
- Suspect identified in check forgeries
- Police looking for check forgery suspect
- Johnsonburg man responsible for check forgeries
- Power outage shuts down 911 service in Elk County
- Ridgway finds success in co-op with former rival Johnsonburg
- Candlelight vigil being held for missing Ridgway marine
- Friends of missing Ridgway Marine still hopeful
- Police said 9-year-old made prank call reporting killing at high school
- Pickup truck rolls over, goes through a house
- Man shoots bartender, kills self in Elk Co.
- Man kills himself after shooting bartender multiple times
- St. Marys plant to face fine in deadly explosion
- 4 charged in alleged bath salts ring in Elk Co.
- Groundbreaking set on Kinzua Viaduct center
- LIFT working to help others through ramp donations
- Elk Co. man convicted in 'leftover' pot trial
- Hundreds of shoppers check out the 100-mile yard sale
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Truck crashes within feet of house in Elk Co.
- Elk Co. man arrested for stabbing man, leading officers on chase
- Man dies after car crashes into tree
- Elk Co. gas leak fixed in several hours
- Ridgway pool to reopen in time for holiday weekend
- Elk Co. high rise residents could return home sooner
- September trial for woman in crash that killed 6
- Woman laid off in Elk Co., pursues dream
- Crash in Elk Co. sends two to hospital
- Retirees help with Ridgway carnival ground rebuilding
- Children in Elk Co. learn how fun reading can be
- Elk County to get fed disaster help for flooding
- Elk Co. flood damage assessments continue
- Red Cross service center changing locations in Elk Co.
- Flood recovery continues in Elk Co.
- Help for flooding victims can be found at Ridgway Fire Hall
- Officials called to a water rescue in Elk Co.
- Federal officials, local representatives reviewing Elk Co. flood impact
- ATA helps seniors impacted by flooding
- Ridgway businesses cleaning up, working to reopen quickly
- Residents relying on each other for help in flood recovery
- Ridgway Fire Department assisting with flooded basements
- State officials surveying Elk Co. flood damage
- Recovery begins in Elk County after massive flooding
- Ridgway businesses begin to clean up after flood
- People rescued from severe flooding in Elk County
- Residents forced to evacuate homes as flood water rise
- Ridgway officials already planning to prevent next flood
- Covering flood damage has residents concerned
- More than 100 people evacuated in Elk Co. flooding
- Residents shocked by flooding in Elk Co.
- Major flooding in Elk County
- Flooding reported in Elk County
- Boy expected to recover after being hit by SUV
- Police investigating theft of cemetery vases
- Former Elk Co. humane society volunteer sentenced
- Child struck by vehicle in Elk Co.
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Elk Co. YMCA to expand pool, enabling handicap access
- Fire destroys Elk County home
- Elk Co. home damaged in blaze
- School left to repair damages caused by burglars
- Police investigating burglary at Elk Co. school
- Elk Co. company blames human error of deadly blast
- PIAA plan would limit athletics at charter schools
- Drivers to see traffic delays in Elk Co.
- Fire in Elk Co. destroys barn Saturday
- Elk Co. roadway reopens after crash
- Four injured in Elk Co. crash
- Elk Co. man arrested on child porn charges
- Students learn dance to raise money for playground
Elk Co. high rise residents could return home sooner
Updated: Thursday, July 3 2014, 09:50 AM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
RIDGWAY, Pa. -- Residents of a flooded-out high rise in Elk County could be allowed to return home as soon as Friday.
Some residents of the Dickinson Apartments in Ridgway could be allowed to return to their homes as a contractors finish work on the building's first floor.
Residents were forced out, with some of them needing rescued, as the Clarion River overflowed its bank after hours of heavy rains, which caused flooding in Ridgway in May.
The contractor said the cleanup is ahead of schedule and there are no problems with mold.
"That makes me feel very happy," said resident John Viola. "I'm more concerned that people would get back to their own life."
Contractors said they've been working weekends to get the project finished early.