- Corbett signs $2.3B Pa. transportation bill
- Group looking to recruit adoptive and foster parents
- Changes planned for ATMs at Sheetz stores
- FBI seeking info on suspected child sexual predator
- Hundreds pay respects to fallen firefighter
- Elk Co. firefighter dies in the line of duty
- Police warning residents of jury duty scam
- National drug take back day set for Saturday
- Fire destroys Elk Co. home
- Police seek motive in Elk Co. shooting
- DEVELOPING: Woman killed during 'domestic incident' in St. Marys
- 6 killed in crash, including 2 children, in McKean Co.
- PennDOT adding weight restrictions to 1,000 PA bridges
- Man dies after colliding with elk
- Doctor tied to Clearfield County arrested in drugs-for-sex case
- Fire damages Elk Co. home, sends firefighter to hospital
- 2 Johnsonburg residents killed in crash
- Elk County garage fire ruled arson
- Fire destroys Ridgway borough garage
- Paper mill fire finally out after 12 days
- Arrest made in Elk County arson, others remain unsolved
Fire destroys Ridgway borough garage
Updated: Saturday, July 27 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
A blaze destroyed a garage and shed owned by Ridgway borough Friday evening.
Fire officials said the flames broke out at 6:30 at the borough annex where winter and road materials are stored.
Nothing was left but a burnt frame despite the firefighters putting out the blaze quickly.
The Ridgway fire chief said there were able to contain the fire before it spread to the nearby garages.
"The two buildings that burnt can be replaced,” Chief John Wygant said. “The building next to it, thank God, the fire didn’t get to that. It stores garbage trucks.”
Wygant said no one was injured and the fire marshal was called to investigate.