- Corbett signs $2.3B Pa. transportation bill
- Group looking to recruit adoptive and foster parents
- Changes planned for ATMs at Sheetz stores
- FBI seeking info on suspected child sexual predator
- Hundreds pay respects to fallen firefighter
- Elk Co. firefighter dies in the line of duty
- Police warning residents of jury duty scam
- National drug take back day set for Saturday
- Fire destroys Elk Co. home
- Police seek motive in Elk Co. shooting
- DEVELOPING: Woman killed during 'domestic incident' in St. Marys
- 6 killed in crash, including 2 children, in McKean Co.
- PennDOT adding weight restrictions to 1,000 PA bridges
- Man dies after colliding with elk
- Doctor tied to Clearfield County arrested in drugs-for-sex case
- Fire damages Elk Co. home, sends firefighter to hospital
- 2 Johnsonburg residents killed in crash
- Elk County garage fire ruled arson
- Fire destroys Ridgway borough garage
- Paper mill fire finally out after 12 days
- Arrest made in Elk County arson, others remain unsolved
Police seek motive in Elk Co. shooting
Updated: Wednesday, September 4 2013, 03:56 PM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
ST. MARYS, Pa. --
Investigators in Elk County are searching for a motive behind a fatal shooting in St. Marys on Tuesday.
The victim, 48-year-old June Talmadge, who police said also used the last name Andrus, was shot in the parking lot of Eastern Sintered Alloys in the in St. Marys Industrial Park.
Police arrested her boyfriend, 44-year-old Michael Stephanic, of St. Marys, in connection with the shooting.
St. Marys City Police Sgt. Tom Nicklas said an on-duty officer quickly took Stephanic into custody without incident. Stephanic is charged with criminal homicide and aggravated assault.
Police said they believe both Talmadge and Stephanic were employed at the metals plant, and that Talmadge was working an overnight shift. Workers inside said they heard shots and ran outside, then saw Stephanic with a rifle.
Police said Talmadge was taken to Elk Regional Health Center, where she later died.
Stay with 6 News and WJACTV.com for continuing coverage.