- Manhunt in Clearfield and Elk counties
- Pennsylvania Game Commission Elk Cam
- Man jailed for assaulting woman he met online
- Elk County family picking up the pieces after fire
- Beaver man dies after rattlesnake bite in Elk County
- Remainder of Pennsy Bridge demolished
- Firemen’s Carnival kicks off in Ridgway
- Highland Township has fears of shut down amid insurance battle
- Workers prepare to demolish rest of Pennsy Bridge after collapse
- Bridge collapse investigation could take weeks
- One person still in hospital after Pennsy Bridge collapse
- Fire damages Punxsutawney home, garage
- Man convicted of killing girlfriend in 2013 receives life sentence
- Man accused of setting fire to Elk County building to face trial
- Community leaders need help paying for new police cruiser in Punxsutawney
- Protesters expected at psychic, holistic event in St. Marys
- Driver arrested for DUI after early morning crash in Elk County
- Historical society raising money to repair ‘country’s smallest church’
- Woman finds drug needle, spoon near school bus stop in St. Marys
- St. Marys man arrested on suspicion of burglarizing dead woman’s home
- Bomb squad called to Elk County courthouse for odd packages
- St. Marys man arrested for burglarizing dead woman’s home
- Borough, skaters meet to discuss plans for Ridgway skate park
- Hiker finds cat remains in Elk County
- Man accused of setting fire to St. Marys furniture store went on crime spree the same night
- Man charged in alleged arson at vacant St. Marys building
- One person injured in Elk County fire
- Ceiling fan causes house fire in Elk County
- St. Marys home destroyed in Fire
- Nicholas Martin found guilty of first-degree murder
- Elk County man found guilty of first-degree murder, abuse of corpse
- Work to start Monday on Pennsy Bridge in Ridgway
- Psychologist: Upbringing may have contributed to murder suspect’s emotional disorders
- Defendant takes the stand in Elk County murder trial
- Victim’s mother testifies in second day of Elk County murder trail
- Victim’s mother testifies during second day of Elk County murder trial
- Jurors hear testimony in day one of Elk County murder trial
- Trial underway in Elk County murder
- Police officers risked lives to safe elderly woman from fire in Elk County
- 7 jurors picked so far for Elk County murder trial
- Elderly woman injured in St. Marys fire
- Jury selection underway in Elk County murder trial
- Pilot uninjured after plane crashes at Elk County Airport
- New information on raging fire at Straub Brewery in St. Marys
- Fire breaks out at Straub Brewery in St. Marys
- People from all over world for Chainsaw Rendezvous in Ridgway
- Membership skyrockets after Ridgway YMCA’s grand opening, parking now an issue
- Fire destroys elderly brothers’ St. Marys home
- Crews battle overnight fire in St. Marys
- Two women killed when car collided with tractor-trailer
- Superintendent standing behind disciplinary actions in reported sexual assault
- Annual Cerebral Palsy Ball planned for Saturday in Ridgway
- Suspects in St. Marys burglary in custody
- Time runs out for owner of blighted Ridgway home
- Borough lets mourning mother keep son’s memorial in place
- Damages estimated at $250,000 in St. Marys house fire
- Firefighters in St. Marys spend several hours fighting house fire
- Elk County commissioner preparing for mission trip to Dominican Republic
- Elk County commissioners, sheriff’s working to resolve bulletproof vest issue
- Ridgway YMCA pool project complete
- More details about the St. Mary’s furniture store fire
- Elk Co. fire destroys local furniture store
- Flood protection project in Ridgway continues
- Space of former upholstery factory in Ridgway to be converted into parking lot
- 100 still forced to boil water in Elk County
- One killed, three injured in Elk County crash
- Bomb threat of Elk County Walmart causes evacuation
- Abandoned factory in Ridgway finally being torn down
- Ridgway fire ruled accidental
- Arson suspect gets federal prison on gun charges
- Woman who lives to help others receives surprise home makeover
- St. Mary’s to implement school alert system
- Names released in fiery St. Mary’s crash
- Fiery crash in St. Mary’s kills one person, injures another
- Coroner called to fiery truck crash
- Suspect identified in check forgeries
- Police looking for check forgery suspect
- Johnsonburg man responsible for check forgeries
- Power outage shuts down 911 service in Elk County
- Ridgway finds success in co-op with former rival Johnsonburg
- Candlelight vigil being held for missing Ridgway marine
- Friends of missing Ridgway Marine still hopeful
- Police said 9-year-old made prank call reporting killing at high school
- Pickup truck rolls over, goes through a house
- Man shoots bartender, kills self in Elk Co.
- Man kills himself after shooting bartender multiple times
- St. Marys plant to face fine in deadly explosion
- 4 charged in alleged bath salts ring in Elk Co.
- Groundbreaking set on Kinzua Viaduct center
- LIFT working to help others through ramp donations
- Elk Co. man convicted in 'leftover' pot trial
- Hundreds of shoppers check out the 100-mile yard sale
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Truck crashes within feet of house in Elk Co.
- Elk Co. man arrested for stabbing man, leading officers on chase
- Man dies after car crashes into tree
- Elk Co. gas leak fixed in several hours
- Ridgway pool to reopen in time for holiday weekend
- Elk Co. high rise residents could return home sooner
- September trial for woman in crash that killed 6
- Woman laid off in Elk Co., pursues dream
- Crash in Elk Co. sends two to hospital
- Retirees help with Ridgway carnival ground rebuilding
- Children in Elk Co. learn how fun reading can be
- Elk County to get fed disaster help for flooding
- Elk Co. flood damage assessments continue
- Red Cross service center changing locations in Elk Co.
- Flood recovery continues in Elk Co.
- Help for flooding victims can be found at Ridgway Fire Hall
- Officials called to a water rescue in Elk Co.
- Federal officials, local representatives reviewing Elk Co. flood impact
- ATA helps seniors impacted by flooding
- Ridgway businesses cleaning up, working to reopen quickly
- Residents relying on each other for help in flood recovery
- Ridgway Fire Department assisting with flooded basements
- State officials surveying Elk Co. flood damage
- Recovery begins in Elk County after massive flooding
- Ridgway businesses begin to clean up after flood
- People rescued from severe flooding in Elk County
- Residents forced to evacuate homes as flood water rise
- Ridgway officials already planning to prevent next flood
- Covering flood damage has residents concerned
- More than 100 people evacuated in Elk Co. flooding
- Residents shocked by flooding in Elk Co.
- Major flooding in Elk County
- Flooding reported in Elk County
- Boy expected to recover after being hit by SUV
- Police investigating theft of cemetery vases
- Former Elk Co. humane society volunteer sentenced
- Child struck by vehicle in Elk Co.
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Elk Co. YMCA to expand pool, enabling handicap access
- Fire destroys Elk County home
- Elk Co. home damaged in blaze
- School left to repair damages caused by burglars
- Police investigating burglary at Elk Co. school
- Elk Co. company blames human error of deadly blast
- PIAA plan would limit athletics at charter schools
- Drivers to see traffic delays in Elk Co.
- Fire in Elk Co. destroys barn Saturday
- Elk Co. roadway reopens after crash
- Four injured in Elk Co. crash
- Elk Co. man arrested on child porn charges
- Students learn dance to raise money for playground
Ridgway businesses cleaning up, working to reopen quickly
Updated: Thursday, May 22 2014, 05:38 PM EDT
Reported By: Erin Calandra
Written By: Marc Stempka
RIDGWAY, Pa. -- Shops in Ridgway's central business district and West End were some of the hardest hit by flood waters as the Clarion River overflowed, pouring water into the downtown and creating a wet, muddy mess.
Business owners said Thursday that there is a lot of work to do to get their establishments up and running again as damage estimates from Wednesday's flooding could top hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars.
Keith McMahon works in a building in the West End and said the water was moving and rising so fast, whatever was in the way was going to be moved.
"It was taking everybody's stuff. Whatever was in its way, that's what it took," McMahon said.
The Rite Aid on West Main Street is one of the few pharmacies in the borough. Crews are now working around-the-clock to make repairs and try to re-open. In the meantime, customers are being asked to pick up their prescriptions at a store in St. Marys.
The Sheetz on North Broad Street is arguably one of the busiest places in town at any hour of the day. It was under water Wednesday and will be closed until repairs are made. Officials said the gas tanks underground were not damaged by the flood.
In the West End, a building those houses 13 business may have taken the brunt of the storm. Some businesses in the structure have waterlines as high as 6 feet on their walls.
McMahon said the water was moving so quickly that he and his co-workers needed to be rescued by boat.
"The water was just coming up into the building. There was like 3 to 4 feet of water I the building," McMahon said. "Plus, there was a couple transformers blowing. So we just has to seek higher ground."
Patrick Buehler was helping clean up a popular downtown bar, Brews and Cues. He said the bar was 3 feet under water.
"The bar is lifted up and the bottles were floating everywhere and there's music equipment floating," Buehler said.
In addition to the flooded businesses and homes, dozens of vehicles have also been destroyed.
Disaster recovery teams are expected to be in Ridgway for several days helping residents and business owners assess their damages.