- Students learn dance to raise money for playground
- Firefighter injured battling Elk Co. blaze
- Fire crews shut down roadway in St. Marys due to structure fire
- Pa. Supreme Court won't revisit gas drilling case
- Sentencing delayed for Elk Co. pastor and wife accused of child endangerment
- Fire in Elk Co. breaks out Sunday morning
- Woman scammed out of almost $2,000 after wanting to buy puppy
- Injection well fight packs township meeting
Woman scammed out of almost $2,000 after wanting to buy puppy
Updated: Saturday, February 15 2014, 12:19 PM EST
By: WJAC Web Staff
FOX TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Police said an Elk County woman thought she was purchasing a puppy when she was scammed out of a large amount of money.
State police said the woman was trying to buy an English bulldog from a website and the owner told her to wire the money through Western Union.
The woman did, but more than $1,800 later she still did not have a puppy.
State police are investigating, unless they determine it is a scam from out of the country.