- Corbett signs $2.3B Pa. transportation bill
- Group looking to recruit adoptive and foster parents
- Police investigating Huntingdon Co. robbery
- Altoona radio's 'Frogman' dead after stroke
- Changes planned for ATMs at Sheetz stores
- Lights of Love campaign to help remember loved ones whoâve died
- FBI seeking info on suspected child sexual predator
- National drug take back day set for Saturday
- Police investigating copper theft from cell tower
- Huntingdon Co. man accused of stabbing man with screwdriver
- Blair Co. teenager killed in collision
- Man seriously hurt after car crashes into river in Huntingdon Co.
- Hess, veteran local lawmaker, dies after surgery
- Police: Alcohol, speed were factors in fatal crash
- PennDOT adding weight restrictions to 1,000 PA bridges
- Police investigating several Huntingdon County business burglaries
- Police camp focuses on girl power
- Police warn of increase in scams
Blair Co. teenager killed in collision
Updated: Tuesday, October 15 2013, 11:46 AM EDT
By: Marc Stempka
SMITHFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. – A Blair County teenager was killed after losing control of her vehicle and colliding with a tractor-trailer late Sunday night.
State police at Huntingdon said Sydnee Ellis, 18, of Williamsburg, struck a deer while driving on Route 22 at Pike Run Drive in Smithfield Township just before 12 a.m. Monday.
Police said after hitting the deer, Ellis lost control of her vehicle and crashed into a tractor-trailer traveling the opposite direction.
Ellis died at the scene, police said.