- Local marine giving back to community through Toys for Tots
- Toys for Tots dance being held for students
- Huntingdon Co. woman rescued after falling from cliffs
- Inn at Solvang giving back to local nonprofit
- Huntingdon woman killed in two-vehicle crash
- Police believe same suspect responsible for two hit-and-run crashes in Huntingdon County
- Police: Man shoots car during confrontation
- Shaver’s Creek hosts workshop to reduce waste
- Four children injured in Huntingdon County ATV crash
- Huntingdon man facing charges for Megan’s Law violation
- Fleck loses to Irvin in 81st Legislative District
- Police investigate weekend burglary in Huntingdon County
- Mt. Union Fire Company welcomes home injured firefighter
- Huntingdon state police investigating Rite Aid robbery
- Pedestrian succumbs to injuries from crash
- Pedestrian succumbs to injuries from accident
- Police in Huntingdon searching for missing man
- Juniata College's Udinski earns elite national honor
- State police: car hit a pedestrian in Huntingdon County
- State police in Huntingdon Co. looking for Walmart thief
- Former employee arrested for stealing money from Huntingdon County Legion
- Police searching for thieves in Huntingdon County
- Priest on leave for alleged misconduct involving adults
- Couple on horse and buggy killed after crash
- Woman accused of stealing from school vending machines
- Police: Man runs from constable, dies from heart attack
- DA: 2 serial child rapists arrested this week
- Huntingdon Co. man accused of raping boy in barn
- Several arrested in Huntingdon Co. drug sweep
- Grant helps Juniata, nine other colleges team up
- Huntingdon man charged with more than 5,000 sexual assault-related counts
- Farmers, governor talk pension reform and property taxes
- Camp for visually impaired helps participants reach new heights
- Police: Blair Co. man charged with child sex crimes in the mid-90s
- 13-month-old drowns at Raystown Lake
- Child pulled from Raystown Lake, taken to hospital
- 1 injured in Huntingdon Co. apartment fire
- Crews continue to battle fire in Huntingdon Co.
- Officers patrol Raystown Lake over holiday weekend
- Victim's named released in fatal boating accident
- Missing boater found, autopsy scheduled
- 2 injured in Huntingdon Co. crash
- Officials reminding boaters to stay safe during holiday weekend
- New owner has big plans for Huntingdon armory
- Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown selling bishop's home
- Huntingdon Co. BBQ restaurant struck by burglars
- Boy in Huntingdon Co. injured during bike ride
- Boy in Huntingdon Co. injured during bike ride
- Blair Co. man drowns at Raystown Lake
- Man allegedly assaults girl at Blair Co. homeless shelter
- DA: Man in Huntingdon Co. shoots himself in chest
- Man from Huntingdon Co. missing, found
- Police searching for missing mother, daughter in Huntingdon Co.
- Police investigating two-vehicle crash in Huntingdon Co.
- Penn Highlands Huntingdon classes canceled Tuesday
- Missing Huntingdon Co. man found dead
- Crews searching for missing man in Huntingdon Co.
- Brush fires in Huntingdon Co. believed to be arson
- Police: Men break into bar, steal money and merchandise
- Huntingdon Co. BOE continues to count primary election ballots
- Most Huntingdon Co. roads reopening from flooding closures
- Police: Husband accidentally runs over wife
- Huntingdon Co. brush fire ruled suspicious
- Two arrested in Huntingdon heroin bust
- Tire fire spreads to junkyard in Huntingdon Co.
- Blaze breaks out at Huntingdon Co. home
- Rt. 994 closed in Huntingdon Co.
- Conjunction box fire displaces Huntingdon Co. family
- Fire destroys two story barn in Huntingdon Co.
- Centre Co. athletic director theft investigation deepens
- Huntingdon Fiberglass announces increased work force by year’s end
- Sex acts recorded, viewed by students at Huntingdon Co. high school
- Huntingdon Co. teacher on leave for pushing flatulent student
- Community Improvement Award Ceremony held in Huntingdon Co.
- Huntingdon Co. students speak out about sexting citations
- Morning fire destroys Huntingdon Co. home
- Maple Harvest Festival wraps up in Huntington Co.
- Woman fighting for domestic violence programs a year after shooting
- Huntingdon Co. Walmart employee accused of stealing $790
- Huntingdon Co. hospital announces affiliation
Huntingdon Co. hospital announces affiliation
Updated: Friday, March 14 2014, 01:25 PM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- A Huntingdon County hospital has announced an affiliation agreement with a central Pennsylvania health system.
J.C. Blair Hospital officials in Huntingdon announced Thursday that the hospital has entered a memorandum of understanding for an affiliation with Harrisburg-based PinnacleHealth.
The two sides had been exploring affiliation since May 2013, including clinical and corporate affiliations, officials said in a statement.
The first phase of the J.C. Blair and PinnacleHealth affiliation will include clinical support, group purchasing and physician recruitment, officials said. J.C. Blair will continue to operate as an independent hospital and its local board of directors will remain the same.
"The careful evaluation of partnership options stemmed from each organization's recognition of the importance of maintaining quality, healthcare service in our local communities," said J.C. Blair President and CEO Lisa Mallon in the statement. "Both organizations evaluated a variety of options. We are pleased with the outcome of a clinical affiliation and the investment that PinnacleHealth has committed to make in our Huntingdon community."
The two organizations recently announced a telemedicine partnership, bringing specialty services like neurology, infectious disease, wound care and stroke care to Huntingdon.
"The telemedicine program is one example of our commitment to the Huntingdon community," said Mike Young, president and CEO of PinnacleHealth in the statement. "Our goal from the beginning has been to explore ways we can work together to address changes in healthcare and improve the health of individuals and communities in the county. We believe under this affiliation agreement that PinnacleHealth will be able to support J.C. Blair in creating a strong foundation of clinical excellence and financial stability."
The goal of the telemedicine program is to expedite care for certain medical procedures around the clock without needing to transfer patients to other hospitals.
There was no information released about other possible phases of the affiliation agreement.