- Local marine giving back to community through Toys for Tots
- Toys for Tots dance being held for students
- Huntingdon Co. woman rescued after falling from cliffs
- Inn at Solvang giving back to local nonprofit
- Huntingdon woman killed in two-vehicle crash
- Police believe same suspect responsible for two hit-and-run crashes in Huntingdon County
- Police: Man shoots car during confrontation
- Shaver’s Creek hosts workshop to reduce waste
- Four children injured in Huntingdon County ATV crash
- Huntingdon man facing charges for Megan’s Law violation
- Fleck loses to Irvin in 81st Legislative District
- Police investigate weekend burglary in Huntingdon County
- Mt. Union Fire Company welcomes home injured firefighter
- Huntingdon state police investigating Rite Aid robbery
- Pedestrian succumbs to injuries from crash
- Pedestrian succumbs to injuries from accident
- Police in Huntingdon searching for missing man
- Juniata College's Udinski earns elite national honor
- State police: car hit a pedestrian in Huntingdon County
- State police in Huntingdon Co. looking for Walmart thief
- Former employee arrested for stealing money from Huntingdon County Legion
- Police searching for thieves in Huntingdon County
- Priest on leave for alleged misconduct involving adults
- Couple on horse and buggy killed after crash
- Woman accused of stealing from school vending machines
- Police: Man runs from constable, dies from heart attack
- DA: 2 serial child rapists arrested this week
- Huntingdon Co. man accused of raping boy in barn
- Several arrested in Huntingdon Co. drug sweep
- Grant helps Juniata, nine other colleges team up
- Huntingdon man charged with more than 5,000 sexual assault-related counts
- Farmers, governor talk pension reform and property taxes
- Camp for visually impaired helps participants reach new heights
- Police: Blair Co. man charged with child sex crimes in the mid-90s
- 13-month-old drowns at Raystown Lake
- Child pulled from Raystown Lake, taken to hospital
- 1 injured in Huntingdon Co. apartment fire
- Crews continue to battle fire in Huntingdon Co.
- Officers patrol Raystown Lake over holiday weekend
- Victim's named released in fatal boating accident
- Missing boater found, autopsy scheduled
- 2 injured in Huntingdon Co. crash
- Officials reminding boaters to stay safe during holiday weekend
- New owner has big plans for Huntingdon armory
- Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown selling bishop's home
- Huntingdon Co. BBQ restaurant struck by burglars
- Boy in Huntingdon Co. injured during bike ride
- Boy in Huntingdon Co. injured during bike ride
- Blair Co. man drowns at Raystown Lake
- Man allegedly assaults girl at Blair Co. homeless shelter
- DA: Man in Huntingdon Co. shoots himself in chest
- Man from Huntingdon Co. missing, found
- Police searching for missing mother, daughter in Huntingdon Co.
- Police investigating two-vehicle crash in Huntingdon Co.
- Penn Highlands Huntingdon classes canceled Tuesday
- Missing Huntingdon Co. man found dead
- Crews searching for missing man in Huntingdon Co.
- Brush fires in Huntingdon Co. believed to be arson
- Police: Men break into bar, steal money and merchandise
- Huntingdon Co. BOE continues to count primary election ballots
- Most Huntingdon Co. roads reopening from flooding closures
- Police: Husband accidentally runs over wife
- Huntingdon Co. brush fire ruled suspicious
- Two arrested in Huntingdon heroin bust
- Tire fire spreads to junkyard in Huntingdon Co.
- Blaze breaks out at Huntingdon Co. home
- Rt. 994 closed in Huntingdon Co.
- Conjunction box fire displaces Huntingdon Co. family
- Fire destroys two story barn in Huntingdon Co.
- Centre Co. athletic director theft investigation deepens
- Huntingdon Fiberglass announces increased work force by year’s end
- Sex acts recorded, viewed by students at Huntingdon Co. high school
- Huntingdon Co. teacher on leave for pushing flatulent student
- Community Improvement Award Ceremony held in Huntingdon Co.
- Huntingdon Co. students speak out about sexting citations
- Morning fire destroys Huntingdon Co. home
- Maple Harvest Festival wraps up in Huntington Co.
- Woman fighting for domestic violence programs a year after shooting
- Huntingdon Co. Walmart employee accused of stealing $790
- Huntingdon Co. hospital announces affiliation
Huntingdon Co. students speak out about sexting citations
Updated: Tuesday, March 25 2014, 05:24 PM EDT
By: Lauren Hensley
CROMWELL TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Eight teens in Huntingdon County are being charged with sending nude pictures to girls at school. State police at Huntington said the incident involved eight boys and eight girls, all ranging from ages 13 to 15, who attend Southern Huntingdon County High School.
The boys allegedly sent explicit photographs using cellphones and other electronic devices to the girls, police said. The boys were hoping by sending the girls pictures of themselves, the girls respond back with nude photos.
For several student peers this just crosses the line saying this gives a bad rep to their entire school.
"It is just very, very embarrassing and it is not something to be proud of. I really wish it wouldn't have happened because of the bad image it is going the rest of us," junior, Tom Jones said.
According to police, many of the pictures were sent using the social media app Snapchat. The images shared through the app are erased from a phone just a few seconds after they're viewed. But many students are skeptical that these photos truly vanish.
"They think it is gone forever but it's not just because the picture disappears and you can't view it on your phone other people can bring it up especially the authorities," senior, Trent Collin said.
Summary citations were issued to the boys for transmission of explicit image by a minor.
Police are urging parents to talk to their kids about this kind of behaviors and warning them of the consequences and many peers believe the school administration along with parents should address this issue.
"I would take away their phone I would take away everything and to pay the fine I would sell their stuff," senior, Johnathan Miller said.