- Corbett signs $2.3B Pa. transportation bill
- Teacher accused of raping student in school
- Police investigating spree of explosive devices in Clymer
- Man killed in tractor accident
- Police: Man tried to run over another man with car
- IUP to spend $37M on dining
- 2nd woman dies after bus crash in Indiana Co.
- Report: Pa. power plants 3rd in carbon emissions
- Boater's body recovered at Yellow Creek State Park
- Authorities net largest amount of heroin in county history
- Police warn of increase in scams
Boater's body recovered at Yellow Creek State Park
Updated: Sunday, August 25 2013, 09:53 PM EDT
By Melanie Gillespie
INDIANA COUNTY, Pa. --
Rescue crews recovered the body of a boater who dove into the water at Yellow Creek State Park and never resurfaced.
The Indiana County Coroner's Office said Benjamin Hill, 55, of Penn Run launched his boat before it drifted away from the dock. His uncle told investigators -- Hill disappeared after trying to retrieve it just before 9 a.m. Saturday.
Crews recovered his body about 50 feet from the dock just after 10:30 a.m. An autopsy was scheduled for Sunday.