- Corbett signs $2.3B Pa. transportation bill
- Teacher accused of raping student in school
- Police investigating spree of explosive devices in Clymer
- Man killed in tractor accident
- Police: Man tried to run over another man with car
- IUP to spend $37M on dining
- 2nd woman dies after bus crash in Indiana Co.
- Report: Pa. power plants 3rd in carbon emissions
- Boater's body recovered at Yellow Creek State Park
- Authorities net largest amount of heroin in county history
- Police warn of increase in scams
Teacher accused of raping student in school
Updated: Friday, November 1 2013, 02:03 PM EDT
By: The Associated Press and WJAC Web Staff
SALTSBURG, Pa. --
An Indiana County teacher has been charged with raping a 16-year-old student at school.
Pennsylvania State Police said the investigation began with a complaint from another student about unwanted attention from the teacher.
That complaint surfaced last week, but police say 28-year-old Todd McCullough, of Kiski Township, raped a Saltsburg High School student in April 2012.
McCullough was arraigned Thursday on rape and related charges. He remains in the Indiana County Jail pending a preliminary hearing scheduled for Nov. 13.
Officials with the school district said it's been cooperating with police since an internal investigation determined the employee violated state law and district policies.
Trooper John Matchik said police consider the investigation "intense and ongoing."