- Brookville police searching for burglar
- 22 targeted in Jefferson County drug bust
- Traffic stop leads to arrest in Jefferson County
- Jefferson Co. man killed in motorcycle crash on Interstate 80
- DuBois man says he was attacked by overnight intruder
- Starr Hill Winery to open up inside DuBois Walmart
- Williamsport man arrested in drug possession along I-80
- Jefferson County man killed in lawnmower accident
- Brookville man killed in crash
- Woman injured in Jefferson County crash
- Police believe driver was run over by own vehicle in deadly accident
- Woman speaks out after former husband, business partner blames her for bad business
- Juvenile confesses to breaking into cars, spending stolen money in Punxsutawney
- Two people released from hospital after their car was struck by train in Jefferson County
- Two injured after train strikes car in Jefferson County
- Police: 3 young children living in unlivable conditions, parents charged with endangerment
- Man jumps from second-story window to elude police in Jefferson County
- Four-wheeler ordinance passed in Reynoldsville, Winslow Township
- Police investigate death of Susan Bachman
- Remains of Susan Bachman found where she was last seen
- PennDOT officials urge safety during Rural Roads Safety Week
- Punxsutawney eight-grader facing charges after bomb threat
- Fire destroys home, car in Jefferson County
- Fire destroys barn in Jefferson County Monday
- Volunteers carry the cross in Reynoldsville for Good Friday
- Cemetery owner facing several charges
- Jefferson County man facing drug charges for meth-making items found in home, car
- More details surrounding Jefferson County homicide
- BREAKING: Woman charged with criminal homicide at shooting, killing man inside her Knoxdale home
- State police investigating overnight shooting in Jefferson County
- Authorities investigate building collapse in Punxsutawney
- Three arrested on drug and child endangerment charges after baby was forced to smoke pot
- Three people in Jefferson County charged with allowing 1-year-old to smoke marijuana
- Events planned all weekend leading up to Groundhog Day
- Brockway residents facing charges for selling heroin
- Jefferson County Fireman’s Association to disband
- Company chosen for Phase 1 of Brookville business park project
- Slick roads cause log truck to roll over, spill load of logs
- Cause of RV fire in Jefferson County still undetermined
- 10-year-old donates time, money to local humane society
- Man sentenced for 2013 murder of friend
- Man sentenced 40-80 years for killing, dismembering friend
- Contractors place bids for Brookville business park
- New details show Brookville home connects two crimes
- Brookville man charged, jailed for attempted homicide
- Woman dies in Jefferson County crash
- Almost 50 kids in Jefferson County waiting for a big brother or big sister
- PennDOT employees work overtime to prepare for storm
- Renovations planned for Jefferson County Jail
- Officials ready to move forward with Brookville business park project
- Duo charged in DuBois burglary also facing charges in Jefferson County
- Clearfield County burglary suspects also facing charges in Jefferson County
- Punxsutawney native found dead in Harrisburg
- Teens suspected in Jefferson County burglary
- Brookville man jailed for threatening woman
- Reynoldsville family escapes early-morning blaze
- Security breach at Dairy Queen believed to be cause of Brookville card scam
- Brookville card scam getting worse
- Early morning fire destroys Jefferson County home
- State police investigating crash on 1-80
- One driver injured in 1-80 crash
- Crews work to clean up after storm in Clearfield and Jefferson Counties
- Two coal trucks collide
- Police: Man strikes wife with baseball bat, charged with attempted homicide
- Speed limit increases Monday on I-80
- Search continues one month for woman who jumped from car
- Fire damages home in Jefferson Co.
- $325K Cash 5 ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Feds pick Sun Air to fly from Blair Co. airport
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Family continues to search for missing woman
- Family pleads for daughter who jumped from car to return home
- Girl gets surprise visit from her hero
- $1 million winning lotto ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Woman missing after jumping out of car
- Hundreds support Trooper Brad Wilson with benefit run
- Man arrested after Jefferson Co. domestic dispute
- Man arrested after domestic situation in Jefferson Co.
- Man killed in Jefferson Co. crash
- 3 troopers honored for helping to save fellow trooper in Jefferson Co. shootout
- New destination could be offered at the DuBois Airport
- Fire in Jefferson Co. destroys two cars and garage
- Therapy dogs a success in Jefferson County
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Old tradition in Jefferson Co. brought back to help woman
- Social media rumors fuel weapon scare at Jefferson Co. school
- Jefferson Co. elementary school students searched after possible threat
- Community sending care packages overseas
- Tornado sirens to be tested in Jefferson Co.
- Man hosts mud-bogging event for friend who lost home in fire
- Missing stop sign may be cause of Jefferson Co. crash
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Teacher of the year receives another award
- Tolls could surface on Interstate 80
- Wounded Marine given the gift of improved vision
- Several arrested in Jefferson Co. drug sweep
- Jefferson Co. drive-in could close down
- Police called to a fatal car crash in Jefferson Co. early Saturday morning
- $30 million I-80 project underway in Jefferson Co.
- Brookville bridge reopens after hole discovered
- All 4 One Orphan Care Conference kicked off Saturday
- Fundraising dinner to help recovering Jefferson County trooper shot in the line of duty
- Two arrested in suspected mobile meth lab in Reynoldsville
- PIAA plan would limit athletics at charter schools
- 2 suffer burns in Jefferson Co. fire
- Distillery bringing moonshine to Jefferson Co.
- Man's ashes spread at Gobbler's Knob
- Dinner to benefit injured trooper planned for April
- Injured trooper shares his road to recovery
- Two more arrested in connection with meth lab
- Son of man who shot trooper in Jefferson Co. facing drug charges
3 troopers honored for helping to save fellow trooper in Jefferson Co. shootout
Updated: Monday, June 9 2014, 04:24 PM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
HARRISBURG -- Three Pennsylvania State Police troopers have been honored for their heroism for helping to get a wounded trooper to safety during a gun battle with a man in Jefferson County last year.
Announced in a news release Monday, the three troopers received the Pennsylvania Narcotics Officers' Association Heroism Award for helping with the rescue of Trooper Bradley Wilson. He had been shot and critically wounded while trying to serve a search warrant at a Brockway-area home on Sept. 26.
Cpl. Dennis D. Ulery, from the PSP Bureau of Criminal Investigation - Drug Law Enforcement Division, Cpl. Joseph Alessandro, of the Troop A Greensburg barracks, and Trooper Dustin Sosak, of the Troop G Hollidaysburg barracks, received the award for pulling Wilson to safety.
On the afternoon of Sept. 26, a state police Clandestine Laboratory Response Team was assisting the Troop C Vice Unit and the Jefferson County Drug Task Force with a search warrant execution related to drug activity at the home of Kenneth Lees Sr. on Cemetery Hill Road.
Investigators said two vice unit members and Wilson approached Lees' front door, a single gunshot was heard. Wilson was seen falling to the ground near the porch.
Ulery went to assist Wilson as a second gunshot was heard, investigators said. Wilson was struck a second time by gunfire. He had been hit in the upper chest and neck area.
Other troopers and officers attempting to execute the warrant returned fire, as Alessandro and Sosak helped to move Wilson to a safer location and out of the area where the shooting was taking place, investigators said.
"Had it not been for the actions of these three men foregoing their own safety, Trooper Wilson would have likely died at the scene," State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said in the news release. "The exemplary actions of Cpl. Ulery, Cpl. Alessandro and Trooper Sosak upheld the highest standards of the Pennsylvania State Police. Their heroic actions truly represent courage, and I am honored to have them among the ranks of Pennsylvania's finest."
Wilson was treated for life-threatening injuries at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh.
Wilson has since been moved to a rehabilitation facility in Atlanta where he is undergoing therapy. He is now a quadriplegic due to the injuries suffered in the shooting.
Investigators said Lees' shot Wilson, and then engaged in an hours-long gunfight with troopers before shooting and killing himself inside his home.
Lees' son, Kenneth Lees II, faces several charges related to the incident, including charges related to methamphetamine manufacturing and leading police on a chase following the shootout at his father's home.