- Crews work to clean up after storm in Clearfield and Jefferson Counties
- Two coal trucks collide
- Police: Man strikes wife with baseball bat, charged with attempted homicide
- Speed limit increases Monday on I-80
- Search continues one month for woman who jumped from car
- Fire damages home in Jefferson Co.
- $325K Cash 5 ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Feds pick Sun Air to fly from Blair Co. airport
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Family continues to search for missing woman
- Family pleads for daughter who jumped from car to return home
- Girl gets surprise visit from her hero
- $1 million winning lotto ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Woman missing after jumping out of car
- Hundreds support Trooper Brad Wilson with benefit run
- Man arrested after Jefferson Co. domestic dispute
- Man arrested after domestic situation in Jefferson Co.
- Man killed in Jefferson Co. crash
- 3 troopers honored for helping to save fellow trooper in Jefferson Co. shootout
- New destination could be offered at the DuBois Airport
- Fire in Jefferson Co. destroys two cars and garage
- Therapy dogs a success in Jefferson County
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Old tradition in Jefferson Co. brought back to help woman
- Social media rumors fuel weapon scare at Jefferson Co. school
- Jefferson Co. elementary school students searched after possible threat
- Community sending care packages overseas
- Tornado sirens to be tested in Jefferson Co.
- Man hosts mud-bogging event for friend who lost home in fire
- Missing stop sign may be cause of Jefferson Co. crash
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Teacher of the year receives another award
- Tolls could surface on Interstate 80
- Wounded Marine given the gift of improved vision
- Several arrested in Jefferson Co. drug sweep
- Jefferson Co. drive-in could close down
- Police called to a fatal car crash in Jefferson Co. early Saturday morning
- $30 million I-80 project underway in Jefferson Co.
- Brookville bridge reopens after hole discovered
- All 4 One Orphan Care Conference kicked off Saturday
- Fundraising dinner to help recovering Jefferson County trooper shot in the line of duty
- Two arrested in suspected mobile meth lab in Reynoldsville
- PIAA plan would limit athletics at charter schools
- 2 suffer burns in Jefferson Co. fire
- Distillery bringing moonshine to Jefferson Co.
- Man's ashes spread at Gobbler's Knob
- Dinner to benefit injured trooper planned for April
- Injured trooper shares his road to recovery
- Two more arrested in connection with meth lab
- Son of man who shot trooper in Jefferson Co. facing drug charges
6 local airports receiving funding
Updated: Wednesday, July 16 2014, 04:15 PM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
HARRISBURG -- Six area airports are receiving state and federal funding to improve safety and operations at their airstrips, according to PennDOT.
Gov. Tom Corbett said Wednesday that the commonwealth is receiving $18 million in investments for 35 airports statewide.
The state funding is more than $904,000 and the Federal Aviation Administration is providing $17.1 million in funding through a block grant program.
In Bedford County, the Bedford County Airport will receive $316,666 to purchase more land and rehabilitate the weather observation system.
In Cambria County, the Ebensburg Airport will receive $227,110 for installation of navigational aids to help pilots land.
The Clearfield-Lawrence Airport in Clearfield County will receive $467,993 to improve the apron and seal pavement cracks.
The St. Marys Municipal Airport in Elk County will receive $455,004 to remove obstructions and purchase snow removal equipment.
In Jefferson County, the Punxsutawney Airport will receive $381,250 to build a taxiway turnaround.
In Somerset County, the Somerset County Airport will receive $376,833 to remove obstructions and finish an apron rehabilitation.
"When we expand a runway or make it safer to land at an airport, we ensure that they can meet business and community demands and continue supporting these jobs," Corbett said.
The airports account for more than 2,600 jobs, Corbett said.