- Brookville man jailed for threatening woman
- Reynoldsville family escapes early-morning blaze
- Security breach at Dairy Queen believed to be cause of Brookville card scam
- Brookville card scam getting worse
- Early morning fire destroys Jefferson County home
- State police investigating crash on 1-80
- One driver injured in 1-80 crash
- Crews work to clean up after storm in Clearfield and Jefferson Counties
- Two coal trucks collide
- Police: Man strikes wife with baseball bat, charged with attempted homicide
- Speed limit increases Monday on I-80
- Search continues one month for woman who jumped from car
- Fire damages home in Jefferson Co.
- $325K Cash 5 ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Feds pick Sun Air to fly from Blair Co. airport
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Family continues to search for missing woman
- Family pleads for daughter who jumped from car to return home
- Girl gets surprise visit from her hero
- $1 million winning lotto ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Woman missing after jumping out of car
- Hundreds support Trooper Brad Wilson with benefit run
- Man arrested after Jefferson Co. domestic dispute
- Man arrested after domestic situation in Jefferson Co.
- Man killed in Jefferson Co. crash
- 3 troopers honored for helping to save fellow trooper in Jefferson Co. shootout
- New destination could be offered at the DuBois Airport
- Fire in Jefferson Co. destroys two cars and garage
- Therapy dogs a success in Jefferson County
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Old tradition in Jefferson Co. brought back to help woman
- Social media rumors fuel weapon scare at Jefferson Co. school
- Jefferson Co. elementary school students searched after possible threat
- Community sending care packages overseas
- Tornado sirens to be tested in Jefferson Co.
- Man hosts mud-bogging event for friend who lost home in fire
- Missing stop sign may be cause of Jefferson Co. crash
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Teacher of the year receives another award
- Tolls could surface on Interstate 80
- Wounded Marine given the gift of improved vision
- Several arrested in Jefferson Co. drug sweep
- Jefferson Co. drive-in could close down
- Police called to a fatal car crash in Jefferson Co. early Saturday morning
- $30 million I-80 project underway in Jefferson Co.
- Brookville bridge reopens after hole discovered
- All 4 One Orphan Care Conference kicked off Saturday
- Fundraising dinner to help recovering Jefferson County trooper shot in the line of duty
- Two arrested in suspected mobile meth lab in Reynoldsville
- PIAA plan would limit athletics at charter schools
- 2 suffer burns in Jefferson Co. fire
- Distillery bringing moonshine to Jefferson Co.
- Man's ashes spread at Gobbler's Knob
- Dinner to benefit injured trooper planned for April
- Injured trooper shares his road to recovery
- Two more arrested in connection with meth lab
- Son of man who shot trooper in Jefferson Co. facing drug charges
Man arrested after Jefferson Co. domestic dispute
Updated: Tuesday, June 24 2014, 06:23 PM EDT
Reported By: Deven Clarke
Written By: Marc Stempka
BROCKWAY, Pa. -- A domestic dispute between a Jefferson County couple ended with police taking a man away in handcuffs, but not before a large police presence swarmed a small community.
Police from several departments along with Pennsylvania State Police troopers and Jefferson County Sheriff's Deputies surrounded an apartment complex on 7th Avenue in Brockway just before noon Tuesday because a man was reportedly armed with a gun during a domestic dispute.
Brockway Police Chief Terry Young said the dispute was between a man and his girlfriend at the Parkview Apartments, but would elaborate on what caused the dispute.
Young said since initial reports were that a young girl was also in the apartment, and the man may have had a gun, that prompted the police response.
"You know you always want to come prepared for the situation," Young said. "Always having reinforcements for security reasons, you want to make sure you have enough people to hand the situation because you don't know 100 percent what you’re getting in to."
Young said officers were able to get the man to come outside of the apartment without incident and he was taken into custody. His name was not released and charges were pending. He was taken to DuBois Regional Medical Center for a psychiatric evaluation.