- Almost 50 kids in Jefferson County waiting for a big brother or big sister
- PennDOT employees work overtime to prepare for storm
- Renovations planned for Jefferson County Jail
- Officials ready to move forward with Brookville business park project
- Duo charged in DuBois burglary also facing charges in Jefferson County
- Clearfield County burglary suspects also facing charges in Jefferson County
- Punxsutawney native found dead in Harrisburg
- Teens suspected in Jefferson County burglary
- Brookville man jailed for threatening woman
- Reynoldsville family escapes early-morning blaze
- Security breach at Dairy Queen believed to be cause of Brookville card scam
- Brookville card scam getting worse
- Early morning fire destroys Jefferson County home
- State police investigating crash on 1-80
- One driver injured in 1-80 crash
- Crews work to clean up after storm in Clearfield and Jefferson Counties
- Two coal trucks collide
- Police: Man strikes wife with baseball bat, charged with attempted homicide
- Speed limit increases Monday on I-80
- Search continues one month for woman who jumped from car
- Fire damages home in Jefferson Co.
- $325K Cash 5 ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Feds pick Sun Air to fly from Blair Co. airport
- 6 local airports receiving funding
- Family continues to search for missing woman
- Family pleads for daughter who jumped from car to return home
- Girl gets surprise visit from her hero
- $1 million winning lotto ticket sold in Jefferson Co.
- Woman missing after jumping out of car
- Hundreds support Trooper Brad Wilson with benefit run
- Man arrested after Jefferson Co. domestic dispute
- Man arrested after domestic situation in Jefferson Co.
- Man killed in Jefferson Co. crash
- 3 troopers honored for helping to save fellow trooper in Jefferson Co. shootout
- New destination could be offered at the DuBois Airport
- Fire in Jefferson Co. destroys two cars and garage
- Therapy dogs a success in Jefferson County
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Old tradition in Jefferson Co. brought back to help woman
- Social media rumors fuel weapon scare at Jefferson Co. school
- Jefferson Co. elementary school students searched after possible threat
- Community sending care packages overseas
- Tornado sirens to be tested in Jefferson Co.
- Man hosts mud-bogging event for friend who lost home in fire
- Missing stop sign may be cause of Jefferson Co. crash
- Jefferson Co. woman arrested, bond set at $5 million
- Teacher of the year receives another award
- Tolls could surface on Interstate 80
- Wounded Marine given the gift of improved vision
- Several arrested in Jefferson Co. drug sweep
- Jefferson Co. drive-in could close down
- Police called to a fatal car crash in Jefferson Co. early Saturday morning
- $30 million I-80 project underway in Jefferson Co.
- Brookville bridge reopens after hole discovered
- All 4 One Orphan Care Conference kicked off Saturday
- Fundraising dinner to help recovering Jefferson County trooper shot in the line of duty
- Two arrested in suspected mobile meth lab in Reynoldsville
- PIAA plan would limit athletics at charter schools
- 2 suffer burns in Jefferson Co. fire
- Distillery bringing moonshine to Jefferson Co.
- Man's ashes spread at Gobbler's Knob
- Dinner to benefit injured trooper planned for April
- Injured trooper shares his road to recovery
- Two more arrested in connection with meth lab
- Son of man who shot trooper in Jefferson Co. facing drug charges
Police: Man strikes wife with baseball bat, charged with attempted homicide
Updated: Tuesday, August 12 2014, 06:57 PM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
PINE CREEK TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- State police in Jefferson County have charged a Brookville area man with attempted homicide after he allegedly struck his wife in the head with a baseball bat.
Troopers filed the attempted homicide charge against 64-year-old Donald Guy Shaffer, Monday.
Investigators said the incident happened around 11:30 p.m. Thursday at Shaffer's home on Route 28 in Pine Creek Township.
Police said Shaffer's wife, who was not identified, was flown by medical helicopter to UPMC Altoona for treatment of skull injuries. She was expected to make a full recovery.
In addition to attempted homicide, police said Shaffer was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and recklessly endangering another period.
Shaffer was placed in the Jefferson County Jail on $500,000 bail, police said.
Shaffer is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Sept. 2, according to court documents.