Politics and Government
- Jay Paterno announces plans to run for lieutenant governor
- Rep. Sam Smith announces retirement
- Corbett remains weak among Pa. GOP; Gov. hopefuls finances due
- Topper wins 78th District House seat
- PSU Coach Franklin to be Rep. Thompson's SOTU guest
- President Obama to visit western Pa. Wednesday
- State judge strikes down Pennsylvania voter ID law
- Corbett ending bid to privatize Pa. Lottery
- Pa. House advances child-abuse reforms
- Recount allowed in Port Matilda mayor's race
- Still no mayor named in Centre Co. town
- Corbett signs $2.3B Pa. transportation bill
- State panel OKs tougher Pa. graduation standards
- Pa. gay marriage lawsuit could get trial date
- Pa. House poised to send highways bill to Corbett
- Second person to challenge Shuster in 9th District Race
- Obama: 'We fumbled the rollout' of health care plan
- State College mayor re-elected
- One vote can make a difference in local elections
- Congress sends gov't funding, debt bill to Obama
- Corbett: No more to say about gay marriage remark
- Monday marks deadline for voter registration
- Pa. senators vote to lift CHIP's 6-month wait
- Pa. Treasurer Rob McCord running for governor
- Pastor says he was fired for same-sex wedding in Centre Co.
- Pa. lawmakers return to Capitol for fall session
- Corbett, US to start meeting on Pa. Medicaid plan
- Pa. attorneys: Gay couples, like kids, can't marry
- Former Johnstown congressman eyeing political comeback
President Obama to visit western Pa. Wednesday
Updated: Monday, January 27 2014, 11:04 AM EST
By: WJAC Web Staff and The Associated Press
PITTSBURGH -- President Barack Obama will visit a western Pennsylvania steel plant after delivering his State of the Union address this week, officials said.
A White House spokesperson said Sunday that the president will travel to U.S. Steel’s Irvin plant in West Mifflin, Allegheny County, which is just south of Pittsburgh, on Wednesday.
The spokesperson said the president will talk about the economy.
The company said the Irvin plat produces sheet metal products from the steel slabs produced at the Edgar Thompson plant in nearby Braddock.
Obama will also visit Washington, D.C., suburbs on Wednesday and will be in Milwaukee and Nashville on Thursday.
The president will deliver his annual State of the Union speech Tuesday night. You can watch the NBC News special report on the event beginning at 9 p.m. on WJAC-TV.