Seen on 6 News
- Benefit planned for victims of Howard fire
- Celebrating 65 years of WJAC-TV: 6 News Technology
- Celebrating 65 years of WJAC-TV: 6 News Specials
- Celebrating 65 years of WJAC-TV: 6 News Talent
- Celebrating 65 years of WJAC-TV: 6 News Archives
- Celebrating 65 years of WJAC-TV: 6 News History
- PSU postseason ban lifted
- Monk walking across America arrives in Centre Co.
- Ritz Theater pays off loan for new projection system
- Community supports Altoona family through funding for new van
- Dairy Queen's Miracle Treat Day a sweet deal
- Somerset Co. fundraiser helps pay for infant's funeral
- Group hopes to help families who lost a child
- Organizers prepare for 2014 Heart and Stroke Walk
- Water therapy teaches Centre Co. puppy to walk
- Wiffle Ball Bonanza builds replica Forbes Field for fundraiser
- Local V.F.W. asking for donations for care packages
- Family pleads for daughter who jumped from car to return home
- Clearfield veterans memorial wall
- New York film company features Bedford teen with inoperable tumor
- Despite rising firework costs, 4th Fest continues, tickets still available
- 4th Fest in need of volunteers
- Meyersdale blaze ruled arson, plagues problems for borough
- Red Knights help toddler severely burned by campfire
- Altoona police searching for bank robbery suspect
- Hundreds support Trooper Brad Wilson with benefit run
- Family of crash victim asking for prayers
- Anchor Marty Radovanic opens up about cancer diagnosis
- Walking in her shoes raises awareness for domestic violence
- Federal CHIP funding set to end in 2015
- Route 22 road improvement plans shown in Blair Co.
- Centre Co. United Way partners with Centre Volunteers in Medicine
- Prescription drug drop-off boxes now in Blair Co.
- 4th Fest officials looking for heroes
- State College Borough considers using crowdfunding
- WEB EXTRA: Johnstown's History
- Therapy dogs a success in Jefferson County
- Rate increases coming to Penelec customers
- City leaders create relief fund for troubled Bosnian city
- Cambria Co. Showcase for Commerce kickoff
- Boalsburg Memorial Day events carry on despite recent vandalism
- Johnstown event featuring downtown businesses, food
- Battling prescription drug trafficking an ongoing effort
- State lawmaker, coroners disagree on proposed organ donation act
- Several area schools score high on state performance profile
- Community sending care packages overseas
- Master plan presented for updates to Teener Field in Ferguson Township
- Facility for overweight children to open in Windber
- RAW INTERVIEW: AG Kathleen Kane talks heroin
- Mother’s Day 5K helps to raise money for homeless mothers
- Man tractoring across America for wounded heroes
- Johnstown not backing down as residents continue to fight pressure testing
- AG Kane: Heroin problem in Johnstown is out of control
- Police following leads, community offering to help after cemetery vandalism
- Specially designed adaptive bike program expands to Cambria County
- Centre Co. PAWS hosts ‘yappy hour'
- Centre Co. cemetery vandalism tops $100K
- Family hosts first Max Deitle 5k
- Jefferson Co. drive-in could close down
- Electronic addiction can negatively impact children under 12
- Underage and undercover: Underage sales investigated
- Prized Shelby Mustang to be auctioned in Centre Co.
- Senior who asks Miss America to prom gets suspension
- Community helps to raise money for baby with rare genetic disorder
- Police officer pretends to be Amish woman
- School stabbing victim speaks out
- One Run for Boston passing through Pennsylvania
- Disabled boy reunited with special bike after it was stolen
- Non-profit helps rebuild home in Cambria Co. after fire
- Woman fighting for domestic violence programs a year after shooting
- RAW VIDEO: Police searching for men who poisoned 1,000 fish
- Area mother pushing survival length of son diagnosed with Duchenne
- Earthquake Monday disrupts a Los Angeles morning show
- Jennertown Speedway opening day
- President Barack Obama on
- Elderly woman charged $1,200 for one time snow removal
- Pa Lawyer's controversial advertisement
- Trooper Wilson T-Shirt order form
- High number of complaints recorded by Pa. officials
- New designation added to PA State license for veterans
- Injured trooper shares his road to recovery
- Reporter plowed by snow
- Students learn dance to raise money for playground
- Heroin: A story of grief and hope
- State looking for owners of unclaimed property
Cambria Co. Showcase for Commerce kickoff
By: WJAC Web Staff
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- One event that anticipates bringing money and jobs to Cambria County is underway.
The 2014 Showcase for Commerce at the War Memorial in Johnstown is expected to begin Wednesday.
"It's very important to get people that never have been here to the Johnstown region," President of the Chamber of Commerce Bob Layo said.
The showcase will bring defense contractors to the area to showcase what the area has to offer, hopefully bringing in more money through government contracts.
"It's huge. It's produced billions of dollars in contracts," Layo said. "In various families [these contracts have provided] sustaining jobs."
In 2013, exhibitors filled the War Memorial with exhibits ranging from military cars to medical technology.
"I like to say [the Showcase for Commerce] is where you make the contacts to develop into contracts that provide the economics for the area," Layo said.
Local defense companies in the past pulled in hundreds of millions of dollars competing against businesses from all over the area.
"When you look across the country, [there are a] number of these types of shows [that have been] cancelled that [this] committee has worked hard to maintain," Layo said.
The three-day event continues until 6:30 p.m. Friday.