- Tomlin expects Manziel to play for Browns
- Steelers embarrassed in preseason loss to Eagles
- Steelers' Bell, Blount arrested for pot possession
- Report: Steelers to re-sign Keisel
- Steelers, Bills joint practice in Latrobe
- Spence continues incredible Steelers story
- Steelers' Suisham brushes off new XP rule
- Steelers practice in pads at training camp
- Munchak brings O-line coaching back to Pa.
- Blount welcomed into Steelers RB corps
- PSU friends Moye, Brown, battle for Steelers spot
- Steelers bring style and flair to training camp arrival
- Steelers' Shamarko relishes time with Troy
- Steelers' Pouncey Inks $44 Million deal
- Ike at the Mic: Taylor sounds off at Steelers OTA
- Shazier, Steelers Open Rookie Camp
- Shazier Joins Long History of Pittsburgh Linebackers
- Steelers draft Shazier with 15th pick
- Steelers Release Schedule for 2014 Season
- Tomlin calls his actions
- Penalties anticipated for Tomlin, Steelers
- Big Ben says
- Steelers Head to London: Heath Miller Interview
- Huskies, Red Devils Set For Saturday Showdown
- Tomlin addresses Steelers issues: Beachum to start, Dwyer back
- Steelers bring back Dwyer, Trio of players out for the season
- Report: Stephens-Howling Out For Season
- Tomlin defines roles of RB's and special teams
- Steelers trim to 53, Stephens-Howling Stays, Dwyer Cut
- Steelers show improvement, but fall to Chiefs in OT
- Bell injured, Steelers lose 24-13 to Redskins
- Steelers Rookies Bell, Wheaton Move Up Depth Chart
- Former PSU receiver Derek Moye Interview
- Steelers place WR Burress on IR
- Steelers hold night practice without CB Allen
- Mike Tomlin: Friday,Aug. 2
- Jarvis Jones: Friday, August 2
- Steelers Friday Report
- Dwyer, Redman ready to take Steelers RB job
- Steelers change Friday evening practice site
- Steelers Training Camp: 1st day in pads
- Tight Ends talk at Steelers Camp
- Steelers open first day in pads
- LaRod Stephens-Howling visit
- LaRod Stephens-Howling visit
LaRod Stephens-Howling visit
Updated: Wednesday, July 24 2013, 10:27 AM EDT
Earlier this year, Johnstown native LaRod Stephens-Howling was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Monday, he was back home spending time with the youth of Johnstown.
Fitness and Wellness Academy in downtown Johnstown is the home gym for Stephens-Howling when he's in Johnstown, and he supports the gym's youth outreach programs that help teach kids about proper health and fitness. Monday, he took the opportunity to meet and greet fans, taking pictures and signing autographs for the kids at the gym.
Stephens-Howling called this the highlight of his visit.
"I wanted to give them somebody to look up to, it's always great to have that."
The first time Stephens-Howling will don the black and gold will be when Steelers training camp opens this weekend. Stephens-Howling is one of many running backs on the roster for Mike Tomlin's squad. The opportunity to be an offensive threat is part of the role Stephens-Howling is looking to fill for Pittsburgh.
"I'll have the chance to do a lot of things, from being a 3rd down back, to a scat back, catching passes or special teams. It's open, so I'll have a chance to compete to get that role."