Most Shared

WJAC 6 News - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Suspects arrested and identified after shots fired in Altoona

By: Lauren Hensley and WJAC Web Staff

ALTOONA, Pa. -- There were tense moments in the Altoona area Wednesday, after a man opened fire in a very busy part of the town, than took off with his brother sending police on a manhunt.

The men were arrested on Union Avenue in Altoona, just more than a mile from where the men were allegedly involved in a shooting at the Logan Valley Mall parking lot in Logan Township.

Carl Maria, of Altoona, has lived at his home on Union Avenue for 17 years and could not believe what went down on his front lawn Wednesday.

Maria was outside watering his flowers when he saw red and blue flashing lights.

"When I came back around, the front lawn was full of policemen. It happened that quickly, [the police] had the two men on the ground, they had their hands behind their back, the police were totally in charge," Maria said.

What Maria was seeing was police as they arrested brothers 38-year-old Kevin Marrow, of Altoona, and his 29-year-old brother Larry Marrow, address unknown, following a two-hour manhunt.

Logan Township police said the two men were involved in an altercation with another group in the mall parking lot outside of the Applebee's around 3:30 p.m.

Police said the fight quickly turned violent when one of the Marrows fired a gun.

The Marrow brothers left the area, with police spotted their silver Dodge Caravan in the parking lot of nearby Kmart. Officers and troopers from several Blair County departments searched the area for the two men near the mall and surrounding shopping plazas.

"We entered the Kmart store, management cooperated with us. We shut the store down and we began a search of the building for the suspects," Logan Township Police Chief Ron Heller said.

After two hours, the Marrow brothers were arrested. Logan Township police credited the cooperation of the law enforcement agencies that came to assist them with the swift arrest.

"I think if you look at the whole perspective in two days this week, we've had a robbery and a shooting, and we've had successful completions of them, arrests. The cooperation of all the local departments, we all work great together. We always have," Heller said.

The Marrows were being held in the Blair County Prison.

The other people involved in the altercation outside of the Applebee's also left the area following the shooting. Police are seeking to identify those individuals as well.

Advertise with us!
Edgar Snyder

Washington Times