WJAC 6 News - Search Results
Man trying to thaw pipes catches home on fire
By: WJAC Web Staff
MIDDLE TAYLOR TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- A man who was trying to thaw pipes under his mobile home ended up catching part of his house on fire in Cambria County.
The fire was reported at about 5 p.m. Tuesday on Waterfall Drive in Middle Taylor Township, officials said.
The homeowner said he was using a propane heater with a fan attached to it to try to thaw the pipes when the fire started. He was able to get much of the fire out himself before firefighters arrived. He wasnt hurt.
Several fire departments responded because of the home's rural location and to help with manpower given the cold weather conditions, officials said.