Most Shared

WJAC 6 News - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Somerset County man dead after carbon monoxide poisoning

Generator left running overnight near RV

By Marc Stempka and The Associated Press

CRESAPTOWN, Md. -- A Somerset County man is dead and his wife is recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide in their camper while in Maryland.

An official with the Allegany County Sheriffs Department said William E. Miller, 75, of Windber, was killed, and his wife, Ruth L. Miller, 76, was taken to a hospital after carbon monoxide filled their camper.

Officials said the couple started a gas generator near the rear of their RV before going to sleep Wednesday night at the fairgrounds in Cresaptown.

William Miller was pronounced dead at his RV Thursday morning and Ruth Miller was transported to a hospital in Cumberland with carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms, officials said.

Police said the generator was only several feet from the RV with the exhaust pointing toward the vehicle.

 
Advertise with us!
Edgar Snyder

Washington Times

Talkers