Most Shared

RSS Feeds

WJAC 6 News - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Police: Investigation just beginning after 3rd suspect turns self in

By: Maria Miller

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- A third suspect has been jailed in a homicide investigation that left a police academy recruit dead. Jaquan Watson turned himself into police Wednesday morning, and while investigators said all three suspects are in custody, there's still a lot of work ahead. Still, having the suspects in custody a big relief for police and the community.

"I pray and ask God to forgive them, to forgive them because they (are) human too," said Helen Douglas, mother of Tyrone Williams.

Her powerful words came Tuesday afternoon and were directed to the three people accused of killing her son. Less than 24 hours later, the two remaining suspects turned themselves into police.

Fidel Cosby surrendered Tuesday night and Jaquan Watson showed up to the public safety building, surrounded by family, Wednesday morning.

"I think it probably has more to do with the fact that it takes a lot of resources and money to be on the run," said Johnstown Police Chief Craig Foust. "You have to rely on people taking care of you and so forth and the seriousness of this incident, it would be hard-pressed to find somebody who would be willing to stick their neck out to protect you."

Watson was ushered out of the Public Safety Building in handcuffs Wednesday. He didn't try to hide from the cameras, but he kept a straight face as he was placed into a police cruiser to head to prison.

That's where he'll join Cosby and Richard Cook, the first suspect police arrested and brought to jail on Monday.

"At this point, it's the only three individuals that we were looking for and the only three we had warrants for," Foust said.

All three are accused of firing separate weapons at Williams early Sunday morning in the Oakhurst homes. Police said Williams wasn't causing trouble and actually tried to avoid confrontation when it happened. All three are now facing criminal homicide charges.

"This is just one step in the investigation" Foust said. "We're happy that all three are off the streets, but now the work begins."

Police said they have several witnesses to interview and even more evidence to sift through before the court process begins.

All three are being held at the Cambria County prison without bail. Their preliminary hearings are scheduled for next week but are expected to be continued.

Advertise with us!
Edgar Snyder

Washington Times