Severe Weather Team 6 Stories
- The winter weather advisory has been extended until 7 a.m. Tuesday.
- Airlines prepare to shut down in Northeast snowstorm
- 6 News Weather Team’s Wintercast
- Man falls off Somerset Co. roof during storm
- WJAC meteorologist, Cambria Co. commissioner takes part in Ice Bucket Challenge
- No simple solution to Centre Co. flooding concerns
- Remembering the 1977 Johnstown flood
- Strong storms cause damage in Somerset Co.
- Storms knock out power, tornado reported in Pa.
- Centre Co. attic fire may have been caused by lightning
- Firefighters warn about dangers of extreme heat
- Ahead of July 4th, East Coast eyes tropical storm
- Evacuation in place for residents in part of Somerset Co.
- Wicked weather blows through Bedford Co.
- Storm cleanup underway in Bedford Co.
- Elk County to get fed disaster help for flooding
- Elk Co. flood damage assessments continue
- Red Cross service center changing locations in Elk Co.
- Help for flooding victims can be found at Ridgway Fire Hall
- Flood recovery continues in Elk Co.
- Federal officials, local representatives reviewing Elk Co. flood impact
- ATA helps seniors impacted by flooding
- Ridgway businesses cleaning up, working to reopen quickly
- Residents relying on each other for help in flood recovery
- Ridgway Fire Department assisting with flooded basements
- State officials surveying Elk Co. flood damage
- Recovery begins in Elk County after massive flooding
- People rescued from severe flooding in Elk County
- Residents forced to evacuate homes as flood water rise
- Ridgway officials already planning to prevent next flood
- Johnsonburg flooding worst in recent memory
- Covering flood damage has residents concerned
- Clearfield Co. school children evacuated from rising waters
- More than 100 people evacuated in Elk Co. flooding
- Residents shocked by flooding in Elk Co.
- Major flooding in Elk County
- Most Huntingdon Co. roads reopening from flooding closures
- Several Huntingdon Co. roads closed due to flooding
- Strong winds bring down power lines, knock out power
- Early morning earthquake rattles Los Angeles
- PennDOT finds 35K tons of road salt
- Area superintendents dealing with significant amount of snow days
- WEB EXTRA: What is a polar vortex?
- Severe Weather Team 6 Coverage: Winter Weather Tips
- STORM UPDATE: Tuesday Noon Forecast
- 2013 WinterCast
- Investigation: Officials blame DEP ruling for current flooding
- Flooding reported in Somerset County
Flooding reported in Somerset County
Updated: Wednesday, August 28 2013, 08:06 AM EDT
by WJAC Web Staff
BOSWELL, Pa. -- Heavy rainfall early Wednesday morning caused widespread flooding in Boswell and Jenner Township, Somerset County.
Front Street, Bittner Road, and Penn Avenue were the hardest hit in the area, 911 dispatchers said.
Several people reported flooding in their basements, upwards of 3 inches high.
The superintendent of the North Star school district said flooded roads forced him to cancel classes for the day.
A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 9:45 a.m. Wednesday.
A 6 News crew is in the area gathering the latest information. Stick with 6 News and wjactv.com for updates.