Severe Weather Team 6 Stories
- The winter weather advisory has been extended until 7 a.m. Tuesday.
- Airlines prepare to shut down in Northeast snowstorm
- 6 News Weather Team’s Wintercast
- Man falls off Somerset Co. roof during storm
- WJAC meteorologist, Cambria Co. commissioner takes part in Ice Bucket Challenge
- No simple solution to Centre Co. flooding concerns
- Remembering the 1977 Johnstown flood
- Strong storms cause damage in Somerset Co.
- Storms knock out power, tornado reported in Pa.
- Centre Co. attic fire may have been caused by lightning
- Firefighters warn about dangers of extreme heat
- Ahead of July 4th, East Coast eyes tropical storm
- Evacuation in place for residents in part of Somerset Co.
- Wicked weather blows through Bedford Co.
- Storm cleanup underway in Bedford Co.
- Elk County to get fed disaster help for flooding
- Elk Co. flood damage assessments continue
- Red Cross service center changing locations in Elk Co.
- Help for flooding victims can be found at Ridgway Fire Hall
- Flood recovery continues in Elk Co.
- Federal officials, local representatives reviewing Elk Co. flood impact
- ATA helps seniors impacted by flooding
- Ridgway businesses cleaning up, working to reopen quickly
- Residents relying on each other for help in flood recovery
- Ridgway Fire Department assisting with flooded basements
- State officials surveying Elk Co. flood damage
- Recovery begins in Elk County after massive flooding
- People rescued from severe flooding in Elk County
- Residents forced to evacuate homes as flood water rise
- Ridgway officials already planning to prevent next flood
- Johnsonburg flooding worst in recent memory
- Covering flood damage has residents concerned
- Clearfield Co. school children evacuated from rising waters
- More than 100 people evacuated in Elk Co. flooding
- Residents shocked by flooding in Elk Co.
- Major flooding in Elk County
- Most Huntingdon Co. roads reopening from flooding closures
- Several Huntingdon Co. roads closed due to flooding
- Strong winds bring down power lines, knock out power
- Early morning earthquake rattles Los Angeles
- PennDOT finds 35K tons of road salt
- Area superintendents dealing with significant amount of snow days
- WEB EXTRA: What is a polar vortex?
- Severe Weather Team 6 Coverage: Winter Weather Tips
- STORM UPDATE: Tuesday Noon Forecast
- 2013 WinterCast
- Investigation: Officials blame DEP ruling for current flooding
- Flooding reported in Somerset County
Storm cleanup underway in Bedford Co.
Updated: Wednesday, June 11 2014, 11:59 PM EDT
By: WJAC Web Staff
EVERETT, Pa. -- Following hours of severe storms, some spawning tornado warning, the cleanup is underway in Bedford County.
Flooding was the main issue for first responders Wednesday night after the storms blew through. Dozens of residents were out in their communities surveying the damage from the wicked weather.
PennDOT crews were out working to clear downed trees and limbs from area roadways.
In some low lying areas, officials were asking residents to prepare for flash flooding that may occur.
Susan Smith, with the Bedford County Animal Response Team, was telling people to move their animals away from streams.
"Please move your animals away from the riverbanks as flooding will increase overnight," Smith said. "As flooding issues become the concern, as cleanup continues, officials are asking people to stay put."
Officials said damage was minor throughout the county, but residents and motorists were advised to watch for flooded roadways.